• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Entire USF Mens basketball team is transfering. (well only 5 so far)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

No more news about players transferring is a good sign. Hopefully everyone else stays and we van find some good fits in an overcrowded portal. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,845
  • Days Won:  67

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

Like a locked door would do anything ...

Yep and down here in Texas we don’t call 911 either.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Yep and down here in Texas we don’t call 911 either.

Thght in Tx you dialed up .223 in an emergency

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,845
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

Thght in Tx you dialed up .223 in an emergency

Yep pretty much whatever you have under the bed or in your nightstand.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/18/2021 at 2:41 PM, Dave_Glaser said:

I'm not telling anyone anything they don't already know but, with a few exceptions, we are such a frustrating mess when it comes to athletics. After 36 years of diehard fandom, I find myself slipping away a little more each year, and the thought of blowing up the men's hoops program - AGAIN - and starting over may just be the thing that finishes this ride for me. As I get older, and with so many other things going on in my life, I can't have this as a priority anymore. I've always said I'll never be a fair-weather fan, but I think I've probably earned the right to step aside and wait for some of that sunshine - if it ever comes.

There is no reason for a university this size, located in this part of the country, with reasonable facilities (no they're not the Taj, but they are decent) to not be annually competitive vs. the level of competition that we face. There has to be some return on any investment of time, money, etc. We can't go 20 years between NCAA Tournament trips. We can't be located in Florida and not be an annual contender for a conference title in football. We can't fail to make the league tournament in baseball or be projected to finish last - EVER.

I still bleed green and gold, but it's time to adjust my personal priority list. GO BULLS.

A-f***ing-men

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

On 3/17/2021 at 10:22 PM, JTrue said:

I've coached HS sports and know how stats are taken and reported,

Absolute farce. Same with pitch counts. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,883
  • Days Won:  33

39 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Absolute farce. Same with pitch counts. 

AMEN!!

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

we have had such bad leadership and made such bad hires

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,628
  • Days Won:  6

On 3/18/2021 at 4:41 PM, Dave_Glaser said:

I'm not telling anyone anything they don't already know but, with a few exceptions, we are such a frustrating mess when it comes to athletics. After 36 years of diehard fandom, I find myself slipping away a little more each year, and the thought of blowing up the men's hoops program - AGAIN - and starting over may just be the thing that finishes this ride for me. As I get older, and with so many other things going on in my life, I can't have this as a priority anymore. I've always said I'll never be a fair-weather fan, but I think I've probably earned the right to step aside and wait for some of that sunshine - if it ever comes.

There is no reason for a university this size, located in this part of the country, with reasonable facilities (no they're not the Taj, but they are decent) to not be annually competitive vs. the level of competition that we face. There has to be some return on any investment of time, money, etc. We can't go 20 years between NCAA Tournament trips. We can't be located in Florida and not be an annual contender for a conference title in football. We can't fail to make the league tournament in baseball or be projected to finish last - EVER.

I still bleed green and gold, but it's time to adjust my personal priority list. GO BULLS.

Well said Dave.  Exact situation I find myself in.  I stepped on campus in August of 1975, went to my first MBB games in January of 1976 at Curtis Hixon Hall and the Armory and was hooked on USF athletics.  I too said I would never be a fair-weather fan, but after 45 years and a somewhat difficult-to-swallow period that has transpired over the last 10 years or so, it's getting tough to not be looking for the sunshine.

GO BULLS!

• Upvote 2