• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Entire USF Mens basketball team is transfering. (well only 5 so far)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Less energy and slow enough for you?

I think that’s more on par with the death by a million paper cuts we are experiencing, but it probably should have been a Bull and our heads just peaking out of the the pile we are mostly buried in.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

And THAT is why we keep you around

**** pics... leave a treat

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

11 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Yes, he has a special talent and I have always felt he brings significant value and a unique perspective that elevates the level of most of our discussions.  

• Haha 1

Guest Jonesy Bull

I've been really busy out of town, and am only just now hearing about all of this mess.  Its a 33 page thread, so sounds pretty serious/intense.  I'll read it when I have time and try to catch up.

But can somebody give me a quick synopsis on the latest.  I know an Assistant made some type of racial slur and the team is basically all migrating out.  Has Coach CBG in any of this, and is he maybe on his way out as well?

Thanks for any quick information.  Not looking for a long email, just a quick couple sentences on what is the latest?

Thanks!

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

41 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I've been really busy out of town, and am only just now hearing about all of this mess.  Its a 33 page thread, so sounds pretty serious/intense.  I'll read it when I have time and try to catch up.

But can somebody give me a quick synopsis on the latest.  I know an Assistant made some type of racial slur and the team is basically all migrating out.  Has Coach CBG in any of this, and is he maybe on his way out as well?

Thanks for any quick information.  Not looking for a long email, just a quick couple sentences on what is the latest?

Thanks!

The reports are it was not a racial slur but a racial comment of some sort by The asst Tom Herien, no idea what it was, when it was and if it ever happened.  The players jumped ship but have made no comment.  There is an internal investigation but no comment by CBG or the asst.  Doubt we will ever know the truth but both guys are pretty much cancelled anyways and we are speculating on our next coach.  Make sense?

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

The reports are it was not a racial slur but a racial comment of some sort by The asst Tom Herien, no idea what it was, when it was and if it ever happened.  The players jumped ship but have made no comment.  There is an internal investigation but no comment by CBG or the asst.  Doubt we will ever know the truth but both guys are pretty much cancelled anyways and we are speculating on our next coach.  Make sense?

I'm hoping Herrion just did a Chris Rock skit and it all got misinterpreted ....

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

Just now, Triple B said:

I'm hoping Herrion just did a Chris Rock skit and it all got misinterpreted ....

Thanks, I knew I butchered the last name but too lazy to look it up, put a fork in him, the dude is done, the court of public opinion has already rendered a verdict, unfortunately that is the world we live in.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and offensive is in the eye of the offended.

8 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Thanks, I knew I butchered the last name but too lazy to look it up, put a fork in him, the dude is done, the court of public opinion has already rendered a verdict, unfortunately that is the world we live in.  

I was writing that off to auto correct ...

Guest Jonesy Bull
34 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Yeah it makes sense, thanks!

Whether or not CBG knew of or was part of the racial comment, he will still be seen as guilty by association.  These are sensitive times about racial injustice (no matter what side of the fence you are on).  And if it was enough to make most of the players transfer out, then I don't see how CBG will be able to recruit and field a really good team.

Unfortunately for him, if he had no association with this at all, for us to have a chance to be competitive, I think we have to turn the page and get somebody else in here.......sometimes life it not fair.