• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Entire USF Mens basketball team is transfering. (well only 5 so far)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, bjef4844 said:

Waiting for an announcement but hearing Justin Brown has entered the transfer portal.

You’re a day late and a dollar short. It’s already been reported twice on this board. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You’re a day late and a dollar short. It’s already been reported twice on this board. 

Thanks NEB. Just heard and now saw. The transfer portal is firing up! That's 4 guys that have transferred out by my count - Anderson, Collins, Brown and Williams.

Although I don't think anyone was expecting Brown or Collins back. Need to hold onto to Durr and Murphy now.

Edited by bjef4844

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,403
  • Days Won:  5

Still want Lex and Dawson back

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

15 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

Thanks NEB. Just heard and now saw. The transfer portal is firing up! That's 4 guys that have transferred out by my count - Anderson, Collins, Brown and Williams.

Although I don't think anyone was expecting Brown or Collins back. Need to hold onto to Durr and Murphy now.

Yeah CBG has a lot of work to do and some very big decisions...in some ways the next few months may indicate if he keeps his job past next season. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

CBG cleaning house ... or about to get fired .... one or the other

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Yeah CBG has a lot of work to do and some very big decisions...in some ways the next few months may indicate if he keeps his job past next season. 

Lots of schools have players in the transfer portal so this isn't unique to us. Assuming we don't have anyone else transfer the 2 and 3 are positions he can likely promise lots of playing time, although would expect Chapin to get more time next season if he can solve his free throw issues. 

Assuming Yetna heads back to France, a starting 5 of Castaneda, Murphy (two PGs), Chaplin, Tchewa and Durr (Twin Towers) could cause some match up problems. If Yetna returns the front lines remains deep and we just need to replace the shooters.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

27 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

Williams was the team's best mid-range shooter, and arguably our only mid-range shooter. The offense just became less diversified.

I kind of liked Williams but don't remember him taking or making a lot of mid range shots

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I kind of liked Williams but don't remember him taking or making a lot of mid range shots

He didn't get many plays run for him but he could knock down that 15-18 footer and actually showed deeper range as the season went on. Would have liked to see him play more. He's kind of a 4 in a 2's body. For someone his size he could bang but couldn't create his own shot. He actually would have been someone you could run screen a roll with if he was a little bigger with his ability to knock those jumpers down.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,813
  • Days Won:  22

To me if they couldn’t make a bigger impact on our team in past couple of years where we have struggled then it’s better for them and our program that they go elsewhere 

Edited by Cubanbull
  • Upvote 1