• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Entire USF Mens basketball team is transfering. (well only 5 so far)

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

7 hours ago, bjef4844 said:

I think Gregory is now stained by this. Players considering coming here are going to have to take an extra look to see why, between 5-8, players would leave and the coach remains.

Cincinnati is going through some of the same issues right now with 6 players entering the portal and their head coach is only in Year 1, and word is he might not see Year 2.

I think the word is going to get out on Gregory soon enough.

This is irresponsible. 

6 hours ago, bjef4844 said:

No, I think my theory was pretty well stated - I think he is a terrible coach and potentially a poor people leader by allowing Collins to get too much control. I don't think anyone expected Collins or Brown back, but the other 2 are surprises. Castaneda is the one that is raising red flags. Throw in Anderson who says he wants to transfer somewhere that values 3 point shooters, and now you have 5 players who are choosing NOT to stay. And I think you could see as many as 3 other players make the decision to leave the program.

Have to say I was ahead of the curve (again) on Gregory needing to get fired, I just didn't think it was the players who were going to be the ones to "fire" Gregory. I guess they are just being unrealistic and impatient as well. 

Well it seems portal/transfer numbers are large (perhaps thanks to NCAA) and happening around many programs.  Not sure this at all changes your stature. 

2 hours ago, Johnny G Lyon said:

I think Caleb Murphy is listed as a PG. I think incoming recruit Trey Moss is listed as a PG. X was listed as a PG. Is it possible they knew X wasn't gonna play much? Could that be a factor in X's decision to transfer? X had a good year though, I'm surprised as everyone else.

A lot of those portalizing seemed to have reach their topside and/or minutes played peak - X included.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

9 minutes ago, Brad said:

A lot of those portalizing seemed to have reach their topside and/or minutes played peak - X included.  

I don't see a single guy that has entered the portal that I was excited to see on the court for us next season and made me think we were on the way up.

Kind of like losing our "starting" quarterback to Arizona State.   We can only hope that what is replacing him (them) are upgrades otherwise we are doomed either way.

Edited by chapelbull

16 minutes ago, Brad said:

Well it seems portal/transfer numbers are large (perhaps thanks to NCAA) and happening around many programs.  Not sure this at all changes your stature. 

I thought the same thing

3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I don't see a single guy that has entered the portal that I was excited to see on the court for us next season and made me think we were on the way up.

Kind of like losing our "starting" quarterback to Arizona State.   We can only hope that what is replacing him (them) are upgrades otherwise we are doomed either way.

To Arizona. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The Muma is the most significant ....

I guess I was referring more to the culture around the athletic program.  There have definitely been upgrades to the University and to some of the athletic facilities

Just now, Brad said:

To Arizona. 

My bad.  At least I had the right state.  Kind of shows how distraught I am over the loss.   I definitely wasn't going to look it up tonight

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

I think it’s the Adidas jerseys; I mean, really, who wants to play in those. 😂

Edited by michibull

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Brad said:

Yeah, the NCAA has created free agency at the worst time for USF. There were open critics that decried the decision that while well intentioned because of the pandemic, would have disastrous unintended consequences.