• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Women’s Basketball seeded #8 will open vs Washington State

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,813
  • Days Won:  22

If they win first round they’ll play #1 seeded NCST

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  613
  • Days Won:  2

THIS could be one and done

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,075
  • Days Won:  2

A top 20 team that won the regular season and conference tourney gets an 8 seed?  I don't care much about women's basketball, but that doesn't seem quite right.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,813
  • Days Won:  22

45 minutes ago, jg233 said:

A top 20 team that won the regular season and conference tourney gets an 8 seed?  I don't care much about women's basketball, but that doesn't seem quite right.

They were definitely screwed in the seedings

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

Washington State isn't a 9 seed. 

They finished 7th in their conference and got blown out in the 2nd round of the conference championship. I'm sure they'll bring everything they can, but NET on its own would place them as an 11 or possibly even a 12 seed, at best a 10 seed. RPI wouldn't see them in the tournament at all (ranked 96 in the RPI). USF will rampage against them assuming the team is ready to go physically. A 12-11 team doesn't belong in the tourney in the first place. 

As far as NC State-they are the weakest #1 seed in the field, with a NET of 7. that's not to say that they're a weak team but any means, but assuming we shoot like we did against UCF, I like our chances against them just like we played against Baylor. 

And if you're looking for a bright side-beat both teams and we have the inside track to the final four as we wouldn't face the 2 seed until the Elite 8. Assuming we face the higher seed in each round, the track is 45, 7, 9, 15, 11. All of those teams are within fighting range if we can play at our pre-COVID best. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

Washington State isn't a 9 seed. 

They finished 7th in their conference and got blown out in the 2nd round of the conference championship. I'm sure they'll bring everything they can, but NET on its own would place them as an 11 or possibly even a 12 seed, at best a 10 seed. RPI wouldn't see them in the tournament at all (ranked 96 in the RPI). USF will rampage against them assuming the team is ready to go physically. A 12-11 team doesn't belong in the tourney in the first place. 

I think this tells us all we need to know about the state of college sports at this point.  There's no excuse for us to be an 8 and this Wash St team to be a 9.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Maybe this is the year that the disrespect fuels a run 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, DELdaBull said:

Maybe this is the year that the disrespect fuels a run 

We did play progressively better in each round of the AAC tournament even though the competition increased at each level, so that is promising. USF's success in the tournament is going to come down to three point shooting. We play well enough on defense and rebound exceptionally well, so I don't see WSU outmuscling us. Also, their best player is their PG who is extremely inefficient offensively, so that is a plus as well. I think we will beat WSU relatively comfortably (6 to 10 points) and then give NC State all they can handle. Virginia Tech beat them once and lost by two another time and they were a middling ACC team and a #7 seed in the tournament. They also lost to UNC (a #10 seed). The problem as I see it is that those losses came in higher scoring affairs. 

fivethirtyeight.com gives us a 49% chance to beat WSU and then about a 14% chance to beat NC State. That may not seem like a lot, but it is the best odds that any 8/9 team will have to beat a #1 seed with Baylor at 96%, UCONN at 95% and South Carolina at 89% probabilities. Let the Madness commence! 

Guest SittingBull
20 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

They were definitely screwed in the seedings

Oh, poor USF screwed again, as usual.

Guest SittingBull
21 hours ago, jg233 said:

The AP does’t run the NCAA Tourney.  
The AAC is a weak WBB Conference

Massey rates USF: #34, 100/Offense, 16/Defense, 85/Schedule

WSU:  #33, 66/Offense, 25/Defense, 2/Schedule.

and...gives WSU a 53% chance of winning (61-59). Hopefully Massey is wrong!