• Join Today

Join today and enjoy site benefits and fewer ads presented

AAC Women's Basketball Tournament

5 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I still don't know how they will be able to pull off having 64 teams (68 for the men) in one City location for the entire Tournament.  I guess they have it figured out with different Arenas in the area, but it still seems like a logistical nightmare.  I know they are doing lots of Covid testing.  The Men's teams were dropping like flies this week.

At least the Women don't have to play in Connecticut!!

Women have 4 courts in SA and a court each in San Marcos and Austin for the first round. Second round, 4 courts all in SA and the rest of the tourney at the Alamodome, which has 2 courts for the Sweet 16 and Elite 8. If they can get out of that first weekend unscathed by the Plague, rest should be fairly doable.

57 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Women have 4 courts in SA and a court each in San Marcos and Austin for the first round. Second round, 4 courts all in SA and the rest of the tourney at the Alamodome, which has 2 courts for the Sweet 16 and Elite 8. If they can get out of that first weekend unscathed by the Plague, rest should be fairly doable.

Cool, I figured they probably had it spread it out a little bit from the home city.