• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC Women's Basketball Tournament

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I still don't know how they will be able to pull off having 64 teams (68 for the men) in one City location for the entire Tournament.  I guess they have it figured out with different Arenas in the area, but it still seems like a logistical nightmare.  I know they are doing lots of Covid testing.  The Men's teams were dropping like flies this week.

At least the Women don't have to play in Connecticut!!

Women have 4 courts in SA and a court each in San Marcos and Austin for the first round. Second round, 4 courts all in SA and the rest of the tourney at the Alamodome, which has 2 courts for the Sweet 16 and Elite 8. If they can get out of that first weekend unscathed by the Plague, rest should be fairly doable.

Guest Jonesy Bull
57 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Women have 4 courts in SA and a court each in San Marcos and Austin for the first round. Second round, 4 courts all in SA and the rest of the tourney at the Alamodome, which has 2 courts for the Sweet 16 and Elite 8. If they can get out of that first weekend unscathed by the Plague, rest should be fairly doable.

Cool, I figured they probably had it spread it out a little bit from the home city.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Best case scenario would be a #6 seed against #11 DePaul. They fell apart at the end of the season. I would hate to see us get a 7 seed, but really the resume doesn't justify any better than a 6.