• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

An On-Campus Stadium, is never coming to USF

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

40 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

It is happening.

If JL says it's happening, that's all I need to hear.  Thanks.

GO BULLS!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

4 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

You can't ask faculty if they think millions should be spent to build a football palace and not expect this answer. If you found a faculty member who said "Yes!" they'd be instantly ostracized. There are always going to be funding challenges on the academic side that need to be addressed. If your goal was to completely fund everything every academic program on campus would ever need, then you should just shutter your athletic program altogether. It's a silly question to ask that constituency. You got that same answer 26 years ago when we launched the football program. They never consider the spillover the university receives in other areas - enrollment, fundraising, etc. - when you have a successful and visible athletic program.

Good point.   They should take a look around the campus and that endowment and thank CJL and the football program every day.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,831
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

First let me say I don’t know this to be true or not but let’s assume it is.  if the leadership within the University and Athletics was okay not having an OCS when the Bucs won the Super Bowl but then felt embarrassed and humiliated weeks later when UCF moved up then our leadership is absolutely clueless and incompetent.  Anyone with a half a brain can see that UCF has completely passed us by in any athletic metric that you want to look at.  Facilities, funding, donor level, OCS, BCS bowl appearances, conference championships, etc.  If it took them getting chosen over us for a light bulb to go off within Athletics, to spur on this call to action then shame on us.  This embarrassment and humiliation did not occur over the span of a few weeks, this was years in the making and if the leadership did not see this coming then maybe we’re getting what we deserve.  

Maybe the right people are finally in place and Hopefully it’s not too late to right this sinking ship, but the lack of a forward looking vision in this athletic department is astounding.

It was screwed up by our previous president who has an honors college named after her but completely derailed any momentum we had in football.  We don’t even have a president now and had a short term prez prior to that so there has been no long term planning, the president holds the gavel.    I don’t know this guy @MikePhillips but interesting clip, saw him at the last game in Dallas and have seen him at many prior road games, our fan base is small enough that I recognize many of the road warriors, I love his passion if nothing else and hope he is right. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,450
  • Days Won:  422

19 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

It was screwed up by our previous president who has an honors college named after her but completely derailed any momentum we had in football.

So maybe the $1M donation to the Football Center was a mea culpa ....

22 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I don’t know this guy @MikePhillips but interesting clip, saw him at the last game in Dallas and have seen him at many prior road games, our fan base is small enough that I recognize many of the road warriors, I love his passion if nothing else and hope he is right.

I also truly admire his passion but **** it, don't be throwing stuff on here as truth that hasn't been fully vetted to be fact. He wasn't right about the IPF and his last revelation has some weird stuff in it. I double checked to make sure he wasn't one of the deep state ******* Kanigit trolls but he looks clean and you just verified that.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,997
  • Days Won:  38

4 hours ago, MikePhillips said:

Fontana Hall

Whoa blast from the past!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,997
  • Days Won:  38

8 hours ago, John Lewis said:

How about becoming an Iron Bull when it is built before your date?

I like that idea as a wager.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,831
  • Days Won:  67

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

So maybe the $1M donation to the Football Center was a mea culpa ....

I also truly admire his passion but **** it, don't be throwing stuff on here as truth that hasn't been fully vetted to be fact. He wasn't right about the IPF and his last revelation has some weird stuff in it. I double checked to make sure he wasn't one of the deep state ******* Kanigit trolls but he looks clean and you just verified that.

Most of the people here shoot from the hip and don’t have much insider knowledge so I would give him a pass because most of us are full of ****. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

18 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Whoa blast from the past!

That was my home for my first year 😀

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,450
  • Days Won:  422

8 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Most of the people here shoot from the hip and don’t have much insider knowledge so I would give him a pass because most of us are full of ****. 

And they don't profess to .... Shoot from the hip all you want but if you say you've got something "DIRECT from inside Athletics" that turns out to be not entirely accurate, fess up instead of touting your "legit" source.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That was my home for my first year 😀

I lived in zeta hall.  We all thought you Fontana people were the rich kids.