• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NO. 15 SOUTH FLORIDA SET TO FACE UCF IN GAME ONE OF THE WAR ON I-4 ON TUESDAY

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

In fact, after reviewing things, Missouri State has a better profile than we do. They beat NET #5 Maryland, #40 FGCU, #46 Drake twice, #63 Illinois State twice, #73 UNI twice, and #87 Bradley twice. Their only losses are to #37 SDSU (21-2 overall), and #52 Wake Forest. Charlie Creme currently has them as a #5 seed in his latest Bracketology. (USF was a #6 prior to the UCF win) 

South Dakota State has a good case as well, with wins over #15 Gonzaga, #22 Missouri State, #29 Iowa State, and #37 South Dakota twice. Their two losses were on the road to #73 UNI (who they beat at home) and #109 Kansas State. Our losses are better, but their wins are arguably better. Their NET ranking of #41 seems substantially low and Charlie Creme currently has them as a #6 seed in his latest Bracketology. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

Not looking good in the rematch.  We must have missed 6 or 7 easy layups this game.  4 minutes left. UCF 53-43

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,672
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, 79 Bull said:

Not looking good in the rematch.  We must have missed 6 or 7 easy layups this game.  4 minutes left. UCF 53-43

At least that many. 

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

I caught the last 14 minutes - just too many missed chances by USF

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,813
  • Days Won:  22

We are going to be a #6-7 seed. Haven’t looked great since COVID break. If we can win tournament then a #5-6 seed is possible.

Guest Jonesy Bull

It looks like we are on a collision course to play them a 3rd time in the Conference championship game which will be a dog fight......or should we call it a cat fight - is that offensive these days, I can't keep up?  

Unless one of us gets upset in the Semi-finals, which is certainly possible.  I don't see either of us losing in the Quarterfinals.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

If we meet again, I am going catch that game to be sure, it will be awesome. I do think that USF is better, with the 1's to be sure, but it will be a great cat/dog brawl. Happy Friday everyone.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

4 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

It looks like we are on a collision course to play them a 3rd time in the Conference championship game which will be a dog fight......or should we call it a cat fight - is that offensive these days, I can't keep up?  

Unless one of us gets upset in the Semi-finals, which is certainly possible.  I don't see either of us losing in the Quarterfinals.

Certainly at least Houston has proven they can pull an upset, though they seem to clearly #3 it isn't a huge gap.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Really, looks like we have a relatively easy road to the finals, UCF it looking at potentially Houston in the semis.

Guest Jonesy Bull
On 3/5/2021 at 2:29 PM, Who'sYourData? said:

Really, looks like we have a relatively easy road to the finals, UCF it looking at potentially Houston in the semis.

Houston definately took it to us in our last game with them....but Cincinnati just pulled the upset over Houston in the final game.....so who knows!

I think USF does have the easier path.  UCF will potentially play Cincy in the Quarterfinals and Houston in the Semis.   I think they are good enough to win both games, but it could be tricky, and they can't have a let down.

Either way its a fun time of year, I love NCAA tournament play, just wish our Boys were in the conversation.