• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NO. 15 SOUTH FLORIDA SET TO FACE UCF IN GAME ONE OF THE WAR ON I-4 ON TUESDAY

Guest Jonesy Bull
7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Happy for the win but it would be nice to be on the right end of a beat down every once and while in something 

Just be happy Puc........we won something!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Just be happy Puc........we won something!

This is my happy face 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

Some just need to find something to always look down on. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

I haven't watched C all season. #23 for them had one heck of a night. Fun game to watch until the last minute.  I still don't  see who steps up next year to replace Bette and Shae. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

It feels great to win but the end was so bad.  Gnats scored 10 in less than a minute to get it to 1 a point game.  We couldn’t inbound the ball, we couldn’t do anything it seemed.  CJF was really mad.  I honestly thought we were going to USF it.  

So when the game was over it was more relief than excitement.  Hopefully we build on this and keep our foot on the gas tomorrow and through the tournament.

Go Bulls

Guest Jonesy Bull
12 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I haven't watched C all season. #23 for them had one heck of a night. Fun game to watch until the last minute.  I still don't  see who steps up next year to replace Bette and Shae. 

They are a good team.  They only lost one conference game heading into the game against us last night.

Would love to get the sweep over them (even though the Conference is won) on Thursday night at their place.

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,087
  • Days Won:  56

We need to keep winning, not just to be Oviedo CC, but to get a decent seed in the tournament. We've always been screwed by our NCAA Tournament seeding. If we can win Thursday and win the tournament, they can't keep us from being a high seed.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

We need to keep winning, not just to be Oviedo CC, but to get a decent seed in the tournament. We've always been screwed by our NCAA Tournament seeding. If we can win Thursday and win the tournament, they can't keep us from being a high seed.

True, would be nice to be a top 4 seed. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

6 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

True, would be nice to be a top 4 seed. 

My prediction before the Houston loss was that our ceiling was a 4 seed. The Committee tipped their hats when the top 16 teams were released a few weeks ago and solidified that with the release on February 28th. Three teams with 7 losses were ranked ahead of us, with major conference teams Michigan (only 3 losses) West Virginia and Ohio State left out of the top 16, but ranked ahead of us in the NET. Assuming we win out, I see us with a 50/50 shot at a 4 seed or 5 seed. Our NET ranking is currently at #24 AFTER the win over UCF. If we lose another game we are looking at a #6 seed.

We have no wins against teams that are currently projected to make the field. If we beat UCF 2 more times, they won't make the tournament. Mississippi State will need a run to the SEC Championship game to be considered for one of the last at-large spots. The loss of the bulk of the non-conference schedule hurt. Right now, we have a quality loss at home to a likely #2 seed, Baylor, a win at home over NET ranked #44 UCF, #45 Mississippi State (much more impressive at the time we beat them), a split with #54 Houston (could have done without them losing to Cincy), and two wins over #57 Tulane. Every other win is against a team ranked #149 or lower. 

Edited by BullyPulpit