• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NO. 15 SOUTH FLORIDA SET TO FACE UCF IN GAME ONE OF THE WAR ON I-4 ON TUESDAY

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

No. 15 South Florida Set to Face UCF in Game One of the War on I-4 on Tuesday

NO. 15 SOUTH FLORIDA SET TO FACE UCF IN GAME ONE OF THE WAR ON I-4 ON TUESDAY

March 01, 2021

Story Links

TAMPA (March 1, 2021) – The No. 15-ranked University of South Florida women's basketball team returns to the Yuengling Center on Tuesday night for the first of back-to-back games to close out the regular season against UCF in the War on I-4 series. Tip-off in the Yuengling Center is slated for 5:30 p.m. (ESPN+). The two teams will also meet on Thursday at 5 p.m., in Orlando, at Addition Financial Arena in front of a nationally televised audience on ESPNU.

Before the game, the Bulls will honor their two senior's Shae Leverett and Bethy Mununga in a pregame ceremony.

The Bulls (14-2, 12-1* American Athletic Conference) look to recover from their first conference loss of the season on Feb. 27 at Houston. The setback also ended their program-record 13-game winning streak.

That can all be a distant memory as USF can win the American Athletic Conference regular-season title, and the No. 1 seed in the upcoming conference tournament, with at least a split of the final two games. UCF must win both games to get the top seed and the regular-season crown.

Subscriptions for the ESPN+ app are $5.99 monthly or $49.99 annually and can be packaged with Hulu and Disney+ streaming services. A step-by-step guide for subscribing to ESPN+ is located here.

GAME 17 | TUE., MARCH 2 | 5:30 P.M. | TAMPA, FLA. | YUENGLING CENTER

Game Notes: USF (PDF) | UCF (PDF)
Watch Live | Listen Live | Live Stats

GAMEDAY INFORMATION
TV/Stream: ESPN+ ($)                                   
Jim Louk (PxP), Leah Secondo (Analyst)
Audio: Bulls Unlimited (iHeartRadio/GoUSFBulls.com)
Darek Sharp (PxP), Brigid Merenda (Analyst)
Live Stats: GoUSFBulls.com/StatBroadcast
Series: USF leads series, 28-13
Twitter Updates: @USFWBB
Tickets: (800) Go-Bulls; USFBullsTix.com

No. 15 USF BULLS | 14-2, 12-1* AAC
Last Game: Feb. 27 at Houston (L, 67-49)
Next Game: March 4 at UCF, 5 p.m.
Head Coach: Jose Fernandez
Alma Mater: FIU, 1994
Career Record: 387-274 (21st season)
at USF: Same

UCF KNIGHTS | 13-2, 11-1 AAC
Last Game: Feb. 27 vs. Temple (W, 61-37)
Next Game: March 4 vs. USF, 5 p.m.
Head Coach: Katie Abrahamson-Henderson
Alma Mater: Iowa, 1990
Career Record: 344-150 (15th season)
at UCF: 103-42 (Fifth season)

* The American Athletic Conference declared a forfeit win for USF against Memphis for conference-standings purposes only as a result of the scheduled game from Jan. 17. See page 8 for more details.

QUICK HITS
- No. 15 USF returns to the Yuengling Center for the final time during the 2020-21 season as the Bulls host American Athletic Conference rival UCF on Tuesday in the first of back-to-back War on I-4 contests ... Tip-off is slated for 5:30 p.m. (ESPN+). 

- The Bulls need just a split of the final two games to win its first regular-season title and get the No. 1 seed in the AAC tournament (March 8-11) ... If UCF wins both, the Knights will earn the No. 1 seed.

- USF is coming off its first conference loss of the season, a 67-49 setback at Houston on Saturday ... The loss snapped the Bulls' program-record 13-game winning streak ... Elena Tsineke poured in a game-high 24 points in the defeat.

- Elena Tsineke leads the Bulls in scoring, averaging 12.7 points per game ... She is joined in double figures by Sydni Harvey (11.6) and Bethy Mununga (11.2) ... Mununga leads in rebounding (12.6).

THE SERIES AGAINST THE KNIGHTS
- Tuesday's game marks the 42nd meeting between USF and UCF in the War on I-4, with the Bulls holding a 28-13 series lead, dating back to the inaugural meeting in January of 1973 ... USF holds a 17-3 advantage over the Knights in games played in Tampa.

UP NEXT FOR USF
- Following its game on Tuesday, the Bulls will head to Orlando to face UCF in the regular-season finale for both teams ... Tip-off at Addition Financial Arena is slated for 5 p.m. with the game being broadcast live on ESPNU.

- Following the regular-season, the Bulls will head back to the Lone Star State for the 2021 Air Force Reserve American Athletic Conference Women's Basketball Championship at Dickies Arena in Fort Worth, Texas, March 8-11.

About USF Women's Basketball
To stay up-to-date on the latest USF women's basketball news, follow the Bulls on social media (Twitter | Facebook | Instagram).

USF notched its ninth consecutive 19-win season and was poised for its ninth straight postseason appearance in 2019-20 before the COVID-19 pandemic forced the end of the college basketball season. The Bulls celebrated two all-conference honorees in Elena Tsineke and Elisa Pinzan. Tsineke was named the American Athletic Conference Freshman of the Year, in addition to The American All-Freshman Team and Third Team All-Conference; while Pinzan was named a Third Team All-Conference selection.

USF has made 15 postseason tournament appearances and had six NCAA Tournament berths in head coach Jose Fernandez's 20 seasons. The all-time winningest coach in program history, Fernandez has guided USF to nine 20-win seasons, two WNIT final four appearances, the 2009 WNIT championship and won more than 350 games.

– #GoBulls –

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

:thumbsup:

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,944
  • Days Won:  12

clown school 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I hope the Houston game was a wake-up call. It was a "burn the tape" performance. Flat, uninspired, and sloppy. Today's game will reveal the character of this year's squad. I expect them to bounce back in a big way and win this one by 8 to 12 points. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

27 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I hope the Houston game was a wake-up call. It was a "burn the tape" performance. Flat, uninspired, and sloppy. Today's game will reveal the character of this year's squad. I expect them to bounce back in a big way and win this one by 8 to 12 points. 

From your lips.................

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Come on ladies!  You have the opportunity to do something that’s rarely done at USF.  Winning an outright conference championship against the CC in Oviedo.  Show the other programs how it’s done!

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

Everybody is due to have a stinker every once in a while.......but now its out of our system and tonight is the night to win the Conference! 

GO LADY BULLS!

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Game time...  let’s go Bulls

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Beth is 10db louder than the dude. 

Edited by Sellular1