• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

It's Happening Y'all

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Here are some specifics:

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,336
  • Days Won:  3

14 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Here are some specifics:

Thank you... Although the 4 pages of nonsense today were entertaining. This is what i was looking for.  Good to see some firm dates and commitments.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

9 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Thank you... Although the 4 pages of nonsense today were entertaining. This is what i was looking for.  Good to see some firm dates and commitments.

The only thing that had a firm date was the locker room every other timeframe for every other project seemed rather open ended 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Maybe I'm naive to how this all works but why doesn't USF have an on campus stadium fund to donate too?

They estimated it at 240 million dollars in their study. Assuming you can get 40 million of that from rich alumni/sponsors when your close to the finish line, i'm sure there are plenty of alumni that would set up a recurring donation. 

Especially if you made it so each person who donated over 10k would get their name on a brick outside the stadium. It would probably take 10 years, but at this point if you told me we'd get a similar press conference for an on campus stadium in 2030 i'd be ecstatic.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,855
  • Days Won:  33

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

The only thing that had a firm date was the locker room every other timeframe for every other project seemed rather open ended 

It's "open ended" because we are still going to have raise cash gifts. We are in a very good position now, but there is still work to do.

3 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

It's "open ended" because we are still going to have raise cash gifts. We are in a very good position now, but there is still work to do.

I’m not saying it’s the wrong approach (although given the status updates vs the stated cost it seems like this portion should be fully funded assuming the gifts were paid in full and not long term commitments or contingent upon things like dying( although they should still be able to be collateralized to build and I’m not exactly sure why we need to be fully funded to begin work on a project especially when interest rates are pretty close to zero)) but I am just pointing out that firm dates weren’t being given by people listening because they weren’t being provided in the press conference.

10 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Maybe I'm naive to how this all works but why doesn't USF have an on campus stadium fund to donate too?

They estimated it at 240 million dollars in their study. Assuming you can get 40 million of that from rich alumni/sponsors when your close to the finish line, i'm sure there are plenty of alumni that would set up a recurring donation. 

Especially if you made it so each person who donated over 10k would get their name on a brick outside the stadium. It would probably take 10 years, but at this point if you told me we'd get a similar press conference for an on campus stadium in 2030 i'd be ecstatic.

Because we only have so many funding sources and if you have people contributing to the one they want to it may mean not having money available for the project you actually want to accomplish (just look at how long this project is taking without having to try to compete with a more sexy to the fans OCS).

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,863
  • Days Won:  12

As the wise say-

You can do anything, but you can't do everything

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,794
  • Days Won:  22

49 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Seems like the 25 million needed for IPF and Selmon renovations are there already. I hope dates become firmer over the summer, otherwise it will just drift as it has for past three years.

Obviously it all depends on funding, but I think most fans are just tired of announcements with no firm dates that go nowhere.