• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's Happening Y'all

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Just now, puc86 said:

Apparently there are videos they have been showing recruits and people on the team that they have been keeping confidential, it seems they will be making more things public.

I saw the video of the locker room, I was just wondering if there were more renderings of the inside of the IPF.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

I saw the video of the locker room, I was just wondering if there were more renderings of the inside of the IPF.

I assume it looks a lot like an indoor astroturf football field.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, usf97 said:

And where is Nick Saban from? 

Probably one of the most country bumpkin states in the Union. 😀

You got to go back to Urban in 2014 to find a non country bumpkin NCAA champ coach..... well unless you want to count Scott Frost. 😂

West Virginia, but we aren’t discussing where people are from Saban does not sound anything like those mentioned.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  537
  • Days Won:  0

I'm confused.  Why are we spending $3m to renovate LRS with a new locker room when we have plans for a whole new football only facility?        I always thought we should spend some money on making LRS football only and then build another less fancy facility for the rest of athletics

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Best thing I heard today was them talk about the alignment of leadership which is crucial to success in intercollegiate athletics.  Before, we had The Judy, Harlan and Chuckles.  Gee I wonder why didn’t have success with those 3 in charge.  I really believe that Curral, Kelly and Scott are all on the sheet of music with an all in commitment in perusing excellence in athletics. 

Of course, time is the true test, but we’re off to a good start with the IPF.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Just now, puc86 said:

West Virginia, but we aren’t discussing where people are from Saban does not sound anything like those mentioned.

Agree but to your earlier point....the reason these country bumpkins in many cases are successful is the support of boosters and the decades old "system" that has been in place in those communities that care so much about the outcome of college football. 

I don't believe Mack Brown and Phillip Fulmer are great coaches yet they each have a national championship. Likely those "systems" assisted in their endeavors even though they sound like country bumpkins also. 

I believe Jeff Scott is just a product of that pre-existing system. Obviously, CJS is not in one of those communities that values his "cultural heritage" at present but I imagine he one day hopes to be. Thus, the way he speaks could actually be beneficial to him in this one industry whereas it would likely be an impediment to him in almost every other career. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,883
  • Days Won:  33

8 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

I'm confused.  Why are we spending $3m to renovate LRS with a new locker room when we have plans for a whole new football only facility?        I always thought we should spend some money on making LRS football only and then build another less fancy facility for the rest of athletics

The LRSAC is 17 years old and is in need of the improvements specified by Michael Kelly and Coach Scott.

The Football Center portion of this project, which will be the Football only facility, will be in phase 2. Phase 2 does not have a specified timetable on when it will begin since we have more $$$$ to raise for that portion of the project to get off of the ground.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

15 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Best thing I heard today was them talk about the alignment of leadership which is crucial to success in intercollegiate athletics.  Before, we had The Judy, Harlan and Chuckles.  Gee I wonder why didn’t have success with those 3 in charge.  I really believe that Curral, Kelly and Scott are all on the sheet of music with an all in commitment in perusing excellence in athletics. 

Of course, time is the true test, but we’re off to a good start with the IPF.

We’re ****** if the best those three can do is carefully look around for excellence.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Days Won:  12

I give my bulls club annual fund to Kelly to make decisions like this for me. if he wants to build a giant ball pit in the middle of the LRS because it will help athletics, by all means. 

But I still do have an opinion, and IMO this is a good bang for the buck. Low $ in teh grand scheme of things, something that can be done quickly, and that will have a major positive impact. Go for it. 

10 minutes ago, usf97 said:

Agree but to your earlier point....the reason these country bumpkins in many cases are successful is the support of boosters and the decades old "system" that has been in place in those communities that care so much about the outcome of college football. 

I don't believe Mack Brown and Phillip Fulmer are great coaches yet they each have a national championship. Likely those "systems" assisted in their endeavors even though they sound like country bumpkins also. 

I believe Jeff Scott is just a product of that pre-existing system. Obviously, CJS is not in one of those communities that values his "cultural heritage" at present but I imagine he one day hopes to be. Thus, the way he speaks could actually be beneficial to him in this one industry whereas it would likely be an impediment to him in almost every other career. 

Fair enough, I just believe that his skill set has the best chance of success in certain situations more so than in our situation and then springboarding to a more natural fit.