• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

USF loses strength coach on eve of spring practices

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

What about this guy from Texas? He looks pretty jacked...

3D2987F1-45B1-44DF-9179-CA615062D687.jpeg

Edited by puc86

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

9 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

Actually they kept him according to this article 

576d1ed2-ecba-414e-ab1a-8de4cd76d074-art

A.J. Artis, who was Tennessee football's strength coach for the 2020 season, is departing the staff

They "retained" him, but brought in the guy from ucf to be the head of the S & C program .... sounds like he got demoted

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

15 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

The carousel on this one is amazing. Tennessee takes UCF's AD and HC, who retain their existing S&C Director, Artis, but bring in their guy from UCF to "oversee" Artis. UCF then poaches KSU's S&C Director. KSU turns around and poaches USF's S&C Director. USF then poaches Artis from Tennessee's to become their S&C Director. The circle is complete now. Artis was clearly the Infinity Stone and USF's turnaround is inevitable. 

I have to give you an "up" "atta boy" ⬆️ for just putting that together

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,794
  • Days Won:  22

2 hours ago, chapelbull said:

They "retained" him, but brought in the guy from ucf to be the head of the S & C program .... sounds like he got demoted

I can understand a new coach bringing in his guy in his new job, if they were completely against him they could have just gotten rid of him, but they didn’t so obviously they must have thought he was on some value.

with all that I’m glad we got that position filled here and I will judge him by the way he performs here, obvious Tennessee thought enough of him to hire him and give him a nice salary.

There are many things I do not agree with USF Athletics and expect them to do better, but I find the tone of many on this board to always look at the crap side on any USF move, tiring and boring. Oh and by the way I’m not singling you out on this, is just the overall feel on this board. As I said I have been one of those that is critical of many moves and outcomes but let’s try to not to be doom and gloom on every thing.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

The carousel on this one is amazing. Tennessee takes UCF's AD and HC, who retain their existing S&C Director, Artis, but bring in their guy from UCF to "oversee" Artis. UCF then poaches KSU's S&C Director. KSU turns around and poaches USF's S&C Director. USF then poaches Artis from Tennessee's to become their S&C Director. The circle is complete now. Artis was clearly the Infinity Stone and USF's turnaround is inevitable. 

You can’t say college football with mentioning incest. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

17 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You can’t say college football with mentioning incest. 

Yes, and you know incest is best if you just keep it in the family........................:roflmao:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

UCF updates moved here ......

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

12 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

I can understand a new coach bringing in his guy in his new job, if they were completely against him they could have just gotten rid of him, but they didn’t so obviously they must have thought he was on some value.

with all that I’m glad we got that position filled here and I will judge him by the way he performs here, obvious Tennessee thought enough of him to hire him and give him a nice salary.

There are many things I do not agree with USF Athletics and expect them to do better, but I find the tone of many on this board to always look at the crap side on any USF move, tiring and boring. Oh and by the way I’m not singling you out on this, is just the overall feel on this board. As I said I have been one of those that is critical of many moves and outcomes but let’s try to not to be doom and gloom on every thing.

Well you did by putting this in your response to my post.   I'm not doom and gloom about everything in any way, shape, or form, but reality is what it is.   This guy may be great and personally I think we are making a the SC Coach a little more important than it needs to be.  You are right, coaches do bring in their own guys and I'm not going to repost the "carousel" from above, but the bottom line is when the music stopped playing we got the guy that didn't have a chair.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

9 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Well you did by putting this in your response to my post.   I'm not doom and gloom about everything in any way, shape, or form, but reality is what it is.   This guy may be great and personally I think we are making a the SC Coach a little more important than it needs to be.  You are right, coaches do bring in their own guys and I'm not going to repost the "carousel" from above, but the bottom line is when the music stopped playing we got the guy that didn't have a chair.

He had a chair. But it was at the kiddie table at Thanksgiving.