• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Recap of yesterday’s football press conference

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

19 hours ago, BulledOver said:

We've had that problem for many years. CJS in all likelihood is trying to build a team much like what he knows from Clemson. Big line, receivers, qb, etc 

The visual was much more striking to me last season. Maybe it had to do with watching more on TV than in-person. Glad that we have the Colorado transfer RB, we need that size on the backfield.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Paisa el Toro said:

The visual was much more striking to me last season. Maybe it had to do with watching more on TV than in-person. Glad that we have the Colorado transfer RB, we need that size on the backfield.

Yes, it goes w/o saying--but, I will...Size Does Matter... Some talent doesn't hurt either. I'm a CJS fan and an Old...very Old Bull's fan. Also, been a Clemson fan for years I always wished they would have recruited my son. CJS got a pass on last season. Way I look at it this is his 1st season we should expect to see some improvement and see us win some key games. 

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

CJS had a tough year last year but looking at key metrics I was surprised to see where the issues were. I (like a lot of people) thought that the offense had fallen off from 2019. It turns out that in 2020 the offense did play marginally better in most key metrics. There was some offensive improvement but it was small (+3 points per game, +23 yards per game, +2 first downs per game). The real disaster was on the defensive side of the team. There was a very sharp drop off there (+13 points per game, +115 yards per game, declines in sacks and pressures). I think we suffered through the loss of key players due to Covid-19. I remember 1 game where we only had 17 defensive players who could dress for the game. Hopefully, that issue will be improved this year. I also hope that 2020 is the last season where the CCS philosophy of smaller but faster finally works its way out of the system.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, Buller64 said:

CJS had a tough year last year but looking at key metrics I was surprised to see where the issues were. I (like a lot of people) thought that the offense had fallen off from 2019. It turns out that in 2020 the offense did play marginally better in most key metrics. There was some offensive improvement but it was small (+3 points per game, +23 yards per game, +2 first downs per game). The real disaster was on the defensive side of the team. There was a very sharp drop off there (+13 points per game, +115 yards per game, declines in sacks and pressures). I think we suffered through the loss of key players due to Covid-19. I remember 1 game where we only had 17 defensive players who could dress for the game. Hopefully, that issue will be improved this year. I also hope that 2020 is the last season where the CCS philosophy of smaller but faster finally works its way out of the system.

I actually discovered this when I went to make a snarky post but then it didn’t fit my narrative for the thread so I tabled it, I too was surprised.