• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Tell Jeff Scott to get on the phone.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

42 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Well, since your going to split hairs....🤔  Sad part of the equation both ways is 1) Tube losing to a team that doesn't score a td and... 2) a team unable to score a td and still win??  But, he is now our new senator so I need to cut him some slack he is not much but leagues ahead of the alternative(s). 

College football coaches in politics...only in the south 😹😹

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

42 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

College football coaches in politics...only in the south 😹😹

If I had a bajo I'd strum a few chords for you.....However, let us not forget Congressman Tom Osborne Nebraska... helluva coach.      Actually, found a list of prior coaches turned politicians there are a lot of them.  A lot of ex-athletes too. However, I couldn't find any from NH or from NE....Hmm? Not many if any, from the South most are from out west and midwestern states.

42 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

If I had a bajo I'd strum a few chords for you.....However, let us not forget Congressman Tom Osborne Nebraska... helluva coach.      Actually, found a list of prior coaches turned politicians there are a lot of them.  A lot of ex-athletes too. However, I couldn't find any from NH or from NE....Hmm? Not many if any, from the South most are from out west and midwestern states.

No you would have to dig deep to find that up here...they stay in their lane 😂.  My old friend Jim Ryan from Kansas was a congressman for a few terms. Lynn Swan tried PA and lost. I believe there may have been a few in California but not sure. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No you would have to dig deep to find that up here...they stay in their lane 😂.  My old friend Jim Ryan from Kansas was a congressman for a few terms. Lynn Swan tried PA and lost. I believe there may have been a few in California but not sure. 

Stupid Philadelphia 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

43 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Arnold!! Arnold!!  

13 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Arnold!! Arnold!!  

Not a sport...

oh no omg GIF

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Wait, THE Jim Ryan?  How freaking old are you?  Thought you were a decade behind me.

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Wait, THE Jim Ryan?  How freaking old are you?  Thought you were a decade behind me.

I ran track at the University of Kansas for 2 years (4 times won my letter - indoor/outdoor track). Ryan was training on the masters circuit at that time and he and I trained the sprints together. Unreal experience (I also saw KU alumnus Billy Mills on many occasions). My parents both got sick at the same time and wanted me in Tampa where they had retired. I was burnt out on track so it was easy to transfer to USF. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

13 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I ran track at the University of Kansas for 2 years (4 times won my letter - indoor/outdoor track). Ryan was training on the masters circuit at that time and he and I trained the sprints together. Unreal experience (I also saw KU alumnus Billy Mills on many occasions). My parents both got sick at the same time and wanted me in Tampa where they had retired. I was burnt out on track so it was easy to transfer to USF. 

That's so cool. Probably 1 of 20 or 30 names from track I would recognize.  

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

That's so cool. Probably 1 of 20 or 30 names from track I would recognize.  

Most people do not know this but Wilt Chamberlain (high jump), Gayle Sayers, Nolan Cromwell, and John Riggins also ran track for KU during the spring back in their days. Incredible tradition the university has with track. Thanks to espn+ I still follow the KU track team and give them a small donation each year. I am a member of the K Club (past letter winner organization) and wear my letterman’s ring on occasion as well. Ahhh...to be 18/19 years old again.

Ok, back to USF...I still sitting here waiting on a friggin basketball game...

Mr Bean Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by NewEnglandBull