• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TE coach Joey King leaving

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

14 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Why is this confounding? He was only a TE Coach for a bad team, having to recruit all the time, unlikely to get a job elsewhere, getting paid around $60k. These guys come and go and often get tired of the grind and ****** pay. Taking a HS head coaching job in a football mad state was probably a step up relative to all of the above points. 

Not really confounding at all.  Left high school for a couple of years and now heading back to his coaching roots.   A much simpler life style I'm sure and can probably make similar money when all said and done.

2 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Was he really only making 60k?

default-og-image.jpg

$16,500 - $66,000. How much do College Football Coaches jobs pay a year? The average annual pay for a College Football Coaches Job in the US is $38,043 a year.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

shiprats.jpg

6 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Not really confounding at all.  Left high school for a couple of years and now heading back to his coaching roots.   A much simpler life style I'm sure and can probably make similar money when all said and done.

He made $120K plus as the HC at Cartersville High

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

30 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Why is this confounding? He was only a TE Coach for a bad team, having to recruit all the time, unlikely to get a job elsewhere, getting paid around $60k. These guys come and go and often get tired of the grind and ****** pay. Taking a HS head coaching job in a football mad state was probably a step up relative to all of the above points. 

I initially was thinking if it was a CJS related reason, but then I read the actual story after this post and totally get it. He has ties to that school. I think he made a great choice. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740

57 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

He lasted longer than the HS coach Taggart hired.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, chapelbull said:

I'm sure he picked up on some good info/techniques that he will take to the high school level. Kinda the been there done that for the kids. Maybe not so much when it comes to any Offense he was exposed to this past season..  

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

It's atypical to see a coach moving back down to HS so soon. If he's indeed going to make $100k+ now, that's crazy for a HS coach and great for coach King. 

• Content Count:  44
  • Days Won:  0

Not that I'm happy too see King go but at least 2 or 3 times during the football season ESPN showed him instead of Coach Scott with Jeff's heading coaching graphic up. Not sure if anyone else picked up on that but i know it happened at least twice. I get it, everyone has a mask and ball caps on and it's hard to see their faces but it was annoying that it happened multiple times. 

15 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

It's atypical to see a coach moving back down to HS so soon. If he's indeed going to make $100k+ now, that's crazy for a HS coach and great for coach King. 

Here is the article from 2018 before he left to coach in college.  Not sure what he is making at his new gig.

Cartersville High’s Raymond “Joey” King ($127,177.92) and Ware County’s Franklin Stephens ($124,791.22) round out the top three. King salary has jumped 32% since 2014 when he was hired. Stephens salary increased by $4,000 since 2016.

Edited by chapelbull