• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Women's Basketball at Tulane

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

Women’s game on Wednesday postponed due to Covid issues in Wichita state 

Guest SittingBull
21 hours ago, St.PeteSlim89 said:

If Vandy cancelled their season, does that mean that Enna can transfer back? After all, if Silvia Serrat is still on the roster (per the gousfbulls website), then why not Enna? (Note: written in sarcasm font)

Even if it were possible, Enna is far too intelligent to do that.
Silvia has never missed a FG or a FT in a USF game.  I haven’t seen Silvia on the sideline this year.   Is she actually on the active roster since “she was medically disqualified” last season?

Bulls up to a 4 seed in updated bracketology and #14 in coaches poll.

espn_red.png

Get the latest NCAA women's college basketball bracketology breakdown from ESPN's Charlie Creme.

22 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

You are correct Sir!  Ahead of both in the AP.

Is this our highest ranking ever?  I don't remember us being higher than #14, but could be wrong.

It is our highest ranking ever and I got a feeling we will crack the top 10 before the season ends

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, SittingBull said:

Even if it were possible, Enna is far too intelligent to do that.
Silvia has never missed a FG or a FT in a USF game.  I haven’t seen Silvia on the sideline this year.   Is she actually on the active roster since “she was medically disqualified” last season?

She is on the roster.  Really nice kid.

Guest SittingBull
3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

She is on the roster.  Really nice kid.

Yes, she is a nice young woman.   Does she practice with the team, if so why hasn’t she been suiting up/playing in games?

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  221
  • Days Won:  0

Regarding Silvia - I’ve heard nothing but great things about her, and I felt bad that she never got to have the career here that she deserved. I thought that she had left the program last year, but was surprised to see her name on the roster. Maybe she’s still listed for scholarship purposes?

Unfortunately, no Hardwood Club this year to ask CJF these types of questions.

#4 in Bracketology is great; I’ll get excited about it in early March. Lots of games to go, and we still haven’t played Oviedo Community College yet.  We have to avoid that mid-season, middle of the week road loss that gets us most years. However, the team is looking good, and has a deep bench (finally)... 

Go Bulls

Guest SittingBull

According to this article, she is “medically retired”, which as far as I know means she remains on scholly, but that it doesn’t count against the team’s limit, because the player is no longer eligible to play NCAA basketball.  Not sure why they show her on the roster, since she is ineligible to play (thus not on the team) any more.

http://www.usforacle.com/2020/02/27/powering-through-another-injury-filled-season/

Edited by SittingBull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, SittingBull said:

According to this article, she is “medically retired”, which as far as I know means she remains on scholly, but that it doesn’t count against the team’s limit, because the player is no longer eligible to play NCAA basketball.  Not sure why they show her on the roster, since she is ineligible to play (thus not on the team) any more.

http://www.usforacle.com/2020/02/27/powering-through-another-injury-filled-season/

That is what I understood. Not sure about the roster thing either. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

WBB is allowed 15 scholarships and there are 15 players on the roster which includes Silvia. Either CJF isn't utilizing all his scholarships, an MBB trademark for years, or her scholly does count against the limit.