• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  476
  • Days Won:  1

I have quite literally never heard a single positive thing about Joe Hice...ever. Evidently he is leaving his post and for some ridiculous reason, this is the only coverage we ever seem to get from the Tampa Bay Business Journal. Very irritating...I think behind a paywall. This question/answer was the most strange to me...how did he not prioritize this in his job??

What steps should USF take next? That’s one of the areas I wish we would have been able to do more, is telling the story beyond the USF area. We got started and excelled in a few areas; Covid is a good example, of the USF researchers that developed the system to print nasal swabs and was in multiple national media outlets. It’s stories like that which USF needs to push and it’s tough, but telling the story on a broader basis will be important. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2021/01/08/joe-hice-former-usf-marketing-head.html

• Topic Count:  485
  • Content Count:  12,421
  • Days Won:  25

Joe Hice did one thing very well while at USF - He collected his paycheck.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

3 hours ago, mj796 said:

I have quite literally never heard a single positive thing about Joe Hice...ever. Evidently he is leaving his post and for some ridiculous reason, this is the only coverage we ever seem to get from the Tampa Bay Business Journal. Very irritating...I think behind a paywall. This question/answer was the most strange to me...how did he not prioritize this in his job??

What steps should USF take next? That’s one of the areas I wish we would have been able to do more, is telling the story beyond the USF area. We got started and excelled in a few areas; Covid is a good example, of the USF researchers that developed the system to print nasal swabs and was in multiple national media outlets. It’s stories like that which USF needs to push and it’s tough, but telling the story on a broader basis will be important. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2021/01/08/joe-hice-former-usf-marketing-head.html

Overthinking it, he was a nobody that was not good in his position, not exactly newsworthy.  I am sure the University is bloated with incompetent bottom feeders, most college administrations are.  

• Upvote 2

Guest Jonesy Bull
11 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Overthinking it, he was a nobody that was not good in his position, not exactly newsworthy.  I am sure the University is bloated with incompetent bottom feeders, most college administrations are.  

You are not over thinking it.   I agree with you.  Very well said.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Important part of any job.

tenor.gif?itemid=18851322

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

Good riddance.  Hopefully Currall and co.  Do a better job with his replacement.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,609
  • Days Won:  108

5 hours ago, BDYZR said:

I've been checking this thread on and off and that name kept ringing a bell but couldn't place it. Just dawned on me that I sat next to that guy at some Bulls Club dinner at an away game (Dallas or Houston I believe) a few years back. Don't remember much about him other than learning he was the head marketing guy. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,240
  • Days Won:  255

We should fire him...

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

I remember well before the Merrill Lynch bull debacle, in our quarterly IT meeting, hearing the VP Technology/CTO praise him for being a genius and working to get our graphics  and logoing consistent across all areas of USF.

In the end he was maybe CCS level bad.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,168
  • Days Won:  12

We need someone younger to takeover marketing. Our marketing never really took advantage of social media Iike it should. 

• Upvote 1