• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Basketball Game Discussion: Bulls vs. ECU (Jan 9) 1 pm TV: ESPN+

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  120

Basketball game Discussion

rotateball.gif

Game 13

South Florida Bulls (6-5, 2-3) vs. East Carolina Pirates

USF.jpg     vs.  ECU Logo

Saturday, January 9     1:00 PM EST
Greenville, NC
TV: ESPN+

Radio: USF Bulls Unlimited

13th scheduled game (2 COVID impacted, 1 Replaced/ 1 cancelled)

Edited by MikeG
title oops

Guest Jonesy Bull

With this inconsistent bunch, who knows what we will get.  We are talented enough to beat anybody in the Conference, but bad enough to lose to anybody in the conference.

Better come out rocking and act like we care about being in this game, cause ole ECU is 7-2.  Not sure that means anything as their wins are not that impressive.  

Did we expect better than 6-5, 2-3 record at this point?  I know I did.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

With this inconsistent bunch, who knows what we will get.  We are talented enough to beat anybody in the Conference, but bad enough to lose to anybody in the conference.

Better come out rocking and act like we care about being in this game, cause ole ECU is 7-2.  Not sure that means anything as their wins are not that impressive.  

Did we expect better than 6-5, 2-3 record at this point?  I know I did.

We lost two we should have won. I am betting 500 at this point. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
9 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

We lost two we should have won. I am betting 500 at this point. 

Well we also won 2 we could have lost.   So, pretty much are .500 at this point.  Still I think we were all expecting a little better than that considering the talent.  Murphy and the other new guys though are exciting and should give us some hope for the future!

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

13 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Well we also won 2 we could have lost.   So, pretty much are .500 at this point.  Still I think we were all expecting a little better than that considering the talent.  Murphy and the other new guys though are exciting and should give us some hope for the future!

We are not a consistent team, Yetna has been disappointing which I attribute most of that to his recovery.  Collins may be hurt but has been inconsistent, Brown was terrible last game but overall about what we expected.  I think Castenada has improved, definitely in shooting.  Chaplin has been a nice surprise and has exceeded expectations.  I can see why Tchewa transferred, he needs some work but has potential. Durr is about what we expected, Murphy is gonna be lights out but makes freshman mistakes and turns it over too often. Luke Anderson is non existent and Williams is serviceable like we expected.  I once again had on my Bulls colored glasses and thought they would be better. I think the biggest reasons are Yetna is not Yetna, CBG has been underwhelming and Collins really has not become the force I was hoping, he plateaued and turns it over too much.  I am beginning to think Brybull was right all along on CBG. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

We are not a consistent team, Yetna has been disappointing which I attribute most of that to his recovery.  Collins may be hurt but has been inconsistent, Brown was terrible last game but overall about what we expected.  I think Castenada has improved, definitely in shooting.  Chaplin has been a nice surprise and has exceeded expectations.  I can see why Tchewa transferred, he needs some work but has potential. Durr is about what we expected, Murphy is gonna be lights out but makes freshman mistakes and turns it over too often. Luke Anderson is non existent and Williams is serviceable like we expected.  I once again had on my Bulls colored glasses and thought they would be better. I think the biggest reasons are Yetna is not Yetna, CBG has been underwhelming and Collins really has not become the force I was hoping, he plateaued and turns it over too much.  I am beginning to think Brybull was right all along on CBG. 

Same...but I bet BG will get a multi-year free pass from Kelly due to the crap he walked in to.

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Same...but I bet BG will get a multi-year free pass from Kelly due to the crap he walked in to.

I hope everybody understands that I am not calling for CBG’s  head, the team is watchable most nights and is very competitive.  I still like the guy and think he has done a nice job, he is fortunate the bar was so low before him.  I am disappointed but as a USF fan that is normal, it is nice to at least have expectations even if we don’t meet them if that makes any sense. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

CBG has been underwhelming and Collins really has not become the force I was hoping, he plateaued and turns it over too much.  I am beginning to think Brybull was right all along on CBG. 

In what way has he been underwhelming, you pretty much went through the players that are under performing? If it's because of recruiting those players, I guess I get it ...... but the two players getting kind of positive reviews are from his last two classes. Hopefully that's starting an upward trend.

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

In what way has he been underwhelming, you pretty much went through the players that are under performing? If it's because of recruiting those players, I guess I get it ...... but the two players getting kind of positive reviews are from his last two classes. Hopefully that's starting an upward trend.

His team was not ready to play on Wednesday, that would be underwhelming and that is on him. The entire team is his guys, I know he took Collins and Brown while trying to put out a dumpster fire but it is his team and they have underachieved in my book. I am with you though on the recent get, Murphy is really exciting and Chaplin has shown a raw talent that is exciting as well.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I hope everybody understands that I am not calling for CBG’s  head, the team is watchable most nights and is very competitive.  I still like the guy and think he has done a nice job, he is fortunate the bar was so low before him.  I am disappointed but as a USF fan that is normal, it is nice to at least have expectations even if we don’t meet them if that makes any sense. 

I am not calling for his head either but at some point .500 or lower is not going to cut it now that a base has been established. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 2