• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CFN-Best Homefield Adv.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  261
  • Days Won:  1

Just caught this on the Ask CFN link.  I like the sound of it except for the whole "average" thing.

Which schools do you think have the biggest home field advantage in each conference? I know that Miami has a great home record but I think that is more to do with the players on the field than it does the fans, stadium or playing surface. What are your thoughts? - Steve-Redondo Beach, CA

A: Trying to forget the won-loss record and the players-on-the-field factor (you're right, Miami would have home field dominance if it played on a junior high field on gravel in front of five fans), here's my unofficial toughest home-field environment for each league: My choices in some leagues are for climate and city as much as it is for fans and stadium.

ACC ... Clemson - Death Valley has that name for a reason. It's as intimidating a place as any in America and a huge advantage when the Tigers have the momentum.

Big East ... Syracuse - When the Dome gets rocking, it might be college football's loudest stadium. Teams hate playing inside on that turf. 

Big Ten ... Wisconsin - Only on reputation, not on results as the Badgers have been average at home over the last few years. Coaches always seem afraid of Camp Randall. Ohio State and Iowa could also take the honor. (Big Ten joke ... The Minneapolis Metrodome might be the league's best home field advantage for Iowa when it plays Minnesota.)

Big XII ... Texas A&M - Everyone would probably say Nebraska, but Husker fans are loyal and passionate, they're generally a very respectful and very nice group of fans. That's not to say A&M die-hards are mean, but they're a bit louder while Kyle Field is one of the most physically imposing stadiums in college football.

Conference USA ... South Florida - USF had one of the longest home winning streaks in the nation over the last few years despite fielding an average team. 

MAC ... UCF - Call this the home-field advantage that hasn't been used as a plus so far. Come November, those Ohio and Michigan based teams used to playing in the cold should, in theory, have problems with the heat and humidity of Orlando. Marshall has the scariest home-field environment.

Mountain West ... UNLV - I know, BYU is probably the most intimidating place, but the heat and fun of Las Vegas makes it an easy place for teams to lose focus.

Pac 10 ... Oregon - Autzen Stadium for opponents is the equivalent of playing basketball in a tiny high school gym. The fans are right on top of the players and they get very, very loud.

SEC ... LSU - Save your e-mails, I know everyone in the SEC has a nasty home-field advantage. You could easily put Florida or Tennessee in the top spot, but the night time Death Valley crowd, after having all day to live it up, makes the difference. 

Sun Belt ... I honestly have no idea. I'll go with Idaho primarily because of the long road trip. 

WAC ... Hawaii - Possibly the best home-field advantage in college football. After the long plane ride and seeing the beaches and bikinis, football doesn't mean all that much to opposing teams.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Our team is "average"?

"Bite Me!"

Ty-Bull :P

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Any press is good press.  Take it and enjoy it.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

i hate backhanded compliments

i think of TCu game whenever i think about of homefield advantage crap

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

I would have rather NOT been mentioned if they are going to ***** slap us with this "average team" BS. .

Yeah, but guys, if you look at our past talent compared to what we recruited this year (not to mention what's to come), that's a compliment!

Just shows how IMPORTANT a GREAT coach is!!!!

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

i am surprised he didn't mention the fans, i mean the students can get pretty crazy when it comes to game time, i know i've almost jumped over the side because i was going crazy and into the game.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  78

i jumped quite a few times  ;D

as far as the average theme, well thatz cfn for ya! we always prove them wrong!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,552
  • Days Won:  29

I take the "average" comment as a good team. It's good to be noticed ... and just imagine when we have 40K plus screaming Go BULLS !!!

etzhouse.jpg

Great view of those students ... I see our student att. #'s jumping Big Time this season ...

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

good news coming fromthis keystone bunch

too bad they had to mention the gnats

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

I take the "average" comment as a good team. It's good to be noticed ... and just imagine when we have 40K plus screaming Go BULLS !!!

etzhouse.jpg

Great view of those students ... I see our student att. #'s jumping Big Time this season ...

Go BULLS !!!

they better continue to increase....we need them.

they are way louder than the other fans in the stadium. Plus we have way over 30k students who can get free tix to an awesome event.