• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will we break ground on the IPF in 2021?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,422
  • Days Won:  19

USF needs to build the IPF, asap. 

Strong was an expensive mistake. An IPF will be the expensive solution to that mistake.

Scott seems to be a good recruiter; let's help him.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,944
  • Days Won:  12

I wonder what kind of financial analysis goes into something like this though. I mean, if they can borrow for a low % to fund this, and we know it would boost program enthusiasm (+ $X), recruiting (+ wins -> + $X), tangential revenue/other program saves, then you'd want to do it, right? 

I wonder if added donations/ticket revenue/etc wouldn't offset the 5% interest or whatever. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, hm101 said:

I wonder what kind of financial analysis goes into something like this though. I mean, if they can borrow for a low % to fund this, and we know it would boost program enthusiasm (+ $X), recruiting (+ wins -> + $X), tangential revenue/other program saves, then you'd want to do it, right? 

I wonder if added donations/ticket revenue/etc wouldn't offset the 5% interest or whatever. 

The question are: 

Will we get better recruits? Yes.

Will that lead to more wins? Yes.

Will attendance increase? Yes.

Will attendance increase significantly? No.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,495
  • Days Won:  10

20 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The question are: 

Will we get better recruits? Yes.

Will that lead to more wins? Yes.

Will attendance increase? Yes.

Will attendance increase significantly? No.

I think the last item will, over time, as the first two remain a "yes".  With successful programs it's all about inertia.  Once winning becomes a consistent thing, more people will want to attend and better quality recruits will want to be part of it.

The rub, of course, is that no consistent amount of G5 success goes unpunished from P5 schools wanting success.

Guest SittingBull
2 hours ago, hm101 said:

If the donors were actually out there, the Bulls would have had an IPF by now.

16 minutes ago, SittingBull said:

If the donors were actually out there, the Bulls would have had an IPF by now.

This. The $ from the community (businesses, alumni, citizens) are always a barometer for the love of a university. The high majority of people simply don’t care to that level for USF. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 hours ago, hm101 said:

CJS = 1 IPF

Would you rather have CJS for the next 4 years (and this one) and no IPF or would you take any lower level coach who's shown a pulse, build the IPF, and basically break even by 2024? Maybe that was the better play. Take it on the chin for the next few years and build the facility, then hire a coach.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

11 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This. The $ from the community (businesses, alumni, citizens) are always a barometer for the love of a university. The high majority of people simply don’t care to that level for USF. 

And 3 pro teams in the community, along with our current situation, aren't helping things ...... which is why the doubling of combined Ticket Sales/Contributions from 2018 to 2019, although not near where we want to be, was a pretty sweet accomplishment by VPAMK.

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

And 3 pro teams in the community, along with our current situation, aren't helping things ...... which is why the doubling of combined Ticket Sales/Contributions from 2018 to 2019, although not near where we want to be, was a pretty sweet accomplishment by VPAMK.

Completely agree. Not to mention out doors, beach, restaurants, etc. There are always alternatives to USF Athletics. It would also be nice if many of those who bought a ticket actually went to the games and showed their physical support for the program. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

18 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Completely agree. Not to mention out doors, beach, restaurants, etc. There are always alternatives to USF Athletics. It would also be nice if many of those who bought a ticket actually went to the games and showed their physical support for the program. 

Strangely it didn’t used to be an issue...