• Join Today

Join today and enjoy site benefits and fewer ads presented

• Members do not see this ad. Join today.

19 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Don't think we have the luxury of RSing him.

If he is clearly the best qb I agree.

We shall see I guess when we get him in the camp how good he is...but most likely I think Williams will beat him out given already having college experience.   

• Upvote 1
Members do not see this ad, Register
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess he won’t be starting this year, thank g-d we didn’t waste a year on someone that wouldn’t be here for the future and instead focused on fostering his growth.

So when you add that to the rest of his career, he had one good game.

Too bad we’ve also been furthering ourselves from the pack during that same period...

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

If he is clearly the best qb I agree.

We shall see I guess when we get him in the camp how good he is...but most likely I think Williams will beat him out given already having college experience.   

This really doesn't mean anything

23 hours ago, chapelbull said:

This really doesn't mean anything

Well it all depends on how that college experience worked out. Even though both Fortin and Williams transferred out, you could AP their experiences weren’t the same. Both at UNC and UM faced better consistent opposition than they would face at USF.

here were their stats 

Fortin UNC stats 65 att, 32 completions 49.2% 388 yds 1 to 1 int

Williams UM 276 att 169 comp 61.2%, 2187 yds 19 tds, 7 int

now you bring in a freshmen that while admittedly good has not faced competition like he will at USF.

You also have the kid from Central that is very talented but really didn’t get enough practice time to be effective. He can make big strides with a Spring season.

Spring game will determine a lot but I feel that we are deeper and more talented going into 2021 than we did last year.

may the best guy win, competition is good.

Edited by Cubanbull
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Cubanbull said:

Well it all depends on how that college experience worked out. Even though both Fortin and Williams transferred out, you could AP their experiences weren’t the same. Both at UNC and UM faced better consistent opposition than they would face at USF.

here were their stats 

Fortin UNC stats 65 att, 32 completions 49.2% 388 yds 1 to 1 int

Williams UM 276 att 169 comp 61.2%, 2187 yds 19 tds, 7 int

now you bring in a freshmen that while admittedly good has not faced competition like he will at USF.

You also have the kid from Central that is very talented but really didn’t get enough practice time to be effective. He can make big strides with a Spring season.

Spring game will determine a lot but I feel that we are deeper and more talented going into 2021 than we did last year.

may the best guy win, competition is good.

Big difference in game experience there. I like what Williams did against Ville but take that game away and his stats are more pedestrian. I am curious to see how Fortin does with a year of knowing the environment, coaches, and plays. 

Sounds like this thread is a year late. I remember a guy that said this kid and Roberts probably needed to transfer and that the new coach really needs to hit the portal. Buy that guy a beer! lol

Mr. McCloud; thank you for your contributions to the team.  Best of Luck to you in finding a new team, happiness, and success along with many victories (as long as it's not against USF).

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Cornada said:

Mr. McCloud; thank you for your contributions to the team.  Best of Luck to you in finding a new team, happiness, and success along with many victories (as long as it's not against USF).

We all want nothing but the best for him. I wanted nothing but the best for Matt Floyd, too.

25 minutes ago, JTrue said:

We all want nothing but the best for him. I wanted nothing but the best for Matt Floyd, too.

Here you go Jtrue; I found Matt Floyd's link for you:  https://www.thebullspen.com/topic/95519-matt-floyd-transferring/?tab=comments#comment-1262348  Now you can wish him well too (you're welcome).