• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thor Jozwiak hired as head coach of Clearwater High

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  221
  • Days Won:  0

Congrats to Thor and best wishes (except when Clearwater plays Northeast).  If he couldn’t come back to Polk County (he graduated from Lake Region), then Clearwater is the next beat move. Don’t follow Pinellas County HS football anymore, but I remember that they always had a good program.  I recall seeing Hassan Jones play for Clearwater against my Vikings many years ago...

Agree 100% with the comment from another poster about establishing a pipeline. That was one of the many reasons why I was glad that USF started a football program - so local kids would get the chance to stay home and play college football. 

I only met Thor once, but came across as well mannered, courteous and respectful.  I also got to know his mother thru my previous employment in another city. She was doing great work as an elementary school principal located in a lower-income area comprised primarily of migrant families. She told me about how Thor got screwed over by the NFL “Good-Old-Boy” network by not getting drafted, then expecting him to stick around as an UDFA. 

I hope that Augie will eventually become the HC at Northeast, and start another pipeline! 

Go Bulls

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294

1 hour ago, BullsWinBucsWin said:

Price came the year after I graduated, unfortunately.  Ron was a year behind me, so I played with him 3 years..........he was a helluva player.  We had a couple of teams that should've contended for state titles, but choked early in the playoffs.  Was that around the time you were there at Seminole as well?  If so I'm sure we probably crossed paths on the court at some point. 

I’m a little bit younger than you, as I graduated in ‘01, but my Dad knew Coach Price really well (think they played together at Dixie if I remember correctly) so I knew all about Hale being an absolute beast before heading to FSU. And you guys definitely had the talent to win state, as I’m sure you played Bogie and Lakewood tough and they were always making deep runs (think Bogie won it in ‘94 with NFL’er Darren Howard and a young David Ross).

I had to contend against Erroyl Bing, who ended up going to ECU, and let’s just say I preferred playing against him with my former teammates by my side as he lit us up. 

...that was 20 years ago now, I’m getting old!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

Use to tailgate near his family.  Nice folks.  Wishing him the best of luck.

Guest SittingBull
On 12/20/2020 at 3:06 PM, NovaBull said:

Nice...small world. And yeah, I was on the JV squad at Bogie and an instant starter on Varsity at Seminole - coincidentally, under Coach Killalea and with his son, John.

And did you play for Coach Price at Largo with Ron Hale?

You guy really need to get a motel room!🤪

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

This thread:

rob gronkowski GIF

Miss Piggy takes exception to your politically incorrect referral to a football.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294

18 hours ago, SittingBull said:

You guy really need to get a motel room!🤪

MOTEL room?! Not a chance!!!

Were going to the Ritz or bust!

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,567