• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

****** OFFICIAL ****** ALL THINGS PORTAL *********

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

IIRC, he was talking about the culture at Clemson and wanting to build to that. He has been looking at and taking transfers from the jump. 

EKRBBM2U75CR5NXML4GD5HS2KI.jpg

• Scott, whose staff hosts a big recruiting weekend starting this evening, acknowledged offensive line is atop his priority list approaching the Feb. 5 signing day and transfer-portal season. Currently, the Bulls have only 10 scholarship linemen, and Scott indicated a handful of them are banged up and could miss some spring practice.

“So that’s an immediate need for looking at some transfers that may be able to come in and add some competition and depth to our current room,” Scott said, “and also for some guys out of high school coming in.”

Yes but it sounded more like my plan is to not do this but for this one time I’m going to make an exception, now it’s two times and I’m pretty sure next year it will be three which means that’s your new plan because it’s the majority of what your time here will be.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Just now, puc86 said:

Yes but it sounded more like my plan is to not do this but for this one time I’m going to make an exception, now it’s two times and I’m pretty sure next year it will be three which means that’s your new plan because it’s the majority of what your time here will be.

I hope it is three and four years. I didn't take his comments to mean it was only a one time thing. For me to do that, I would have to accept that he was going to build a Clemson like program in one year. There only a elite few that can take that stance on transfers. Clemson was built before transfers became popular so who knows what their stance would be if they were building now. I took it as, we have to make USF a brand that people want to buy into from the jump and not leave or get kicked off. When that time comes, you will see a lot less transfers. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

10 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I hope it is three and four years. I didn't take his comments to mean it was only a one time thing. For me to do that, I would have to accept that he was going to build a Clemson like program in one year. There only a elite few that can take that stance on transfers. Clemson was built before transfers became popular so who knows what their stance would be if they were building now. I took it as, we have to make USF a brand that people want to buy into from the jump and not leave or get kicked off. When that time comes, you will see a lot less transfers. 

Maybe I just read his musings as being more ambitious than they actually were. I assumed he intended on taking his Clemson approach early on if it were a ten year plan I am not sure why he would even bother discussing it because one way or another he will not be here for that.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

12 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Maybe I just read his musings as being more ambitious than they actually were. I assumed he intended on taking his Clemson approach early on if it were a ten year plan I am not sure why he would even bother discussing it because one way or another he will not be here for that.

Well without the exact quotes, it’s hard to say for sure. I thought he was maybe asked about that policy because it was a discussion of how much of Clemsons culture could carry over and what not. 

I’ll point out that I won’t fully believe it until I see it, but he has talked about staying and committing long term. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, jchem1995 said:

I thought he wasn't gonna take a bunch of transfers. He said this. But reality slapped him  upside the head. GO Coach, GO.

Wants 75% recruits and 25% transfers. Hope it does not go beyond that as you start to pick the trash out once they get here. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Wants 75% recruits and 25% transfers. Hope it does not go beyond that as you start to pick the trash out once they get here. 

This. 

This is nuanced, folks. It's not "transfers bad recruits good" or vice versa. It's HOW are you going to use both. 

The point I have been trying to make is that if you find a bunch of seniors and stack the whole team with them to try to win in 2021, you just have to do that over and over again every year. On the contrary, if you only recruit, you have a bunch of little dudes that are unproven and lots of uncertainty. So it's about HOW Scott uses the Portal and how he weighs both. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 minutes ago, usfrank said:

A list of crushed dreams

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I hope half of the transfers are Dlineman.  That is clearly the worse unit on a bad team.