• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

****** OFFICIAL ****** ALL THINGS PORTAL *********

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

This has been USF's identity the last 3 years thanks to dismal recruiting by fCCS. Scott has brought in some promising recruits so far, and hopefully his recruits will prove to be more reliable than what has been coming through lately. But until his recruits get here and are ready to play, we need everything we can get from the portal. 

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

The portal is known to spread Covid-19

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

To bad CJS was busy last friday he prob could have gotten some good deals in the portal at a bargain

Portal? isnt that a female russian name?? Ah now I understand skingrafts reply....     I'm just giving him a lead in...

Actually, I'm hoping the close association with Clemson might allow cjs to pickup some good product that they just dont have any room on the roster for?? Some of their prospects that dont get an offer might be far and above our potential?? Makes one wonder dont one..? 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  483
  • Days Won:  1

At some point, someone on this board posted a list of all players in the Portal. I cannot seem to locate this via the Google...can anyone help?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

I thought he wasn't gonna take a bunch of transfers. He said this. But reality slapped him  upside the head. GO Coach, GO.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

12 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

I thought he wasn't gonna take a bunch of transfers. He said this. But reality slapped him  upside the head. GO Coach, GO.

This is the way I recall it too, I am happy to see that he is willing to pivot when his vision does not match his reality.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

2 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

The portal is known to spread Covid-19

That's not all it spreads

groundskeeper willie kilt GIF

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,944
  • Days Won:  12

Imagine if in your business you had to rehire your team every year. 

If we want to build a program you weight recruiting more heavily

If we want to grab wins in 2021 at the expense of consistency over the long term, you weight the portal more

I'd rather have a winning program than a winning team. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

48 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

36 minutes ago, puc86 said:

This is the way I recall it too, I am happy to see that he is willing to pivot when his vision does not match his reality.

IIRC, he was talking about the culture at Clemson and wanting to build to that. He has been looking at and taking transfers from the jump. 

EKRBBM2U75CR5NXML4GD5HS2KI.jpg

• Scott, whose staff hosts a big recruiting weekend starting this evening, acknowledged offensive line is atop his priority list approaching the Feb. 5 signing day and transfer-portal season. Currently, the Bulls have only 10 scholarship linemen, and Scott indicated a handful of them are banged up and could miss some spring practice.

“So that’s an immediate need for looking at some transfers that may be able to come in and add some competition and depth to our current room,” Scott said, “and also for some guys out of high school coming in.”

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

16 minutes ago, hm101 said:

Imagine if in your business you had to rehire your team every year. 

If we want to build a program you weight recruiting more heavily

If we want to grab wins in 2021 at the expense of consistency over the long term, you weight the portal more

I'd rather have a winning program than a winning team. 

Except very few players should be expected to make major contributions for four years, so if someone comes in and is able to contribute quicker and give the two years I don’t see how that is less impactful than if they did it the “right way” and grey shirted, then ran scout then were a backup and then contributed. Lots of people hire their teams from outside of the company and do not simply rely on the idea that if someone was the intern than they must be good, it’s particularly less of a factor for this example because retention isn’t even possible.

• Upvote 1