• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

****** OFFICIAL ****** ALL THINGS PORTAL *********

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Taggart already snatched a 4 star QB and a 4 star wide receiver from Penn State. Our DTs were trash except for an FBS transfer, so yes, I'm looking forward and getting excited to add some players that can stop a running back or sack a QB. Go look at some film before you dismiss a player.  

I don’t have to look at film because I am not the coach. I trust CJS to do that and he knows best about this team more than you and I. Further, I’ll let him decide if this kid is good enough...again he has more knowledge about the talent the team needs more than anyone on this board. 

42 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Here ya go my friend. Also @NewEnglandBull

News excerpt -

"

Culpepper appeared in all nine games this season ,making five total tackles and registering half a sack. His best game came against Maryland when he managed three tackles against the Terps in Penn State's eventual losing effort.

The sophomore has seven career tackles and made appearances in 13 games during Penn State's 2019-20 season. He picked up credit for half a sack in both seasons but had yet to see significant playing time in the defensive line rotation despite making regular appearances throughout the year.

Players who enter the transfer portal are permitted to return to their previous institution which means Culpepper could very well return. Equally true, transfers through the portal this year will be immediately eligible to play rather than be required to sit out the upcoming season per usual NCAA transfer rules.

The Florida product spoke to the media this past summer about his career and Tom Brady, his parent's neighbor."

60331998_1140605046114254_77635601552826

One-on-one with DT Judge Culpepper. ⤵️ We Are...

Great but it does not matter. It’s up to Coach Scott to make this decision and he knows better than anyone on a sports message board. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I don’t have to look at film because I am not the coach. I trust CJS to do that and he knows best about this team more than you and I. Further, I’ll let him decide if this kid is good enough...again he has more knowledge about the talent the team needs more than anyone on this board. 

Maybe CJS has not heard of this man or looked at his film? You don't know what CJS knows and don't know. This board's purpose is to discuss USF sports. I'm just looking at potential players I would like for us to give a chance too. One thing I won't acknowledge is somebody dismissing a player that I feel should get a chance w/o even looking at buddy's film. CJS also started McCloud.....how did that work out? I have a right to want and discuss a player I feel should be on the team. It beats talking about some nasty ass wine or dicht-riding Coastal Carolina. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

7 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Maybe CJS has not heard of this man or looked at his film? You don't know what CJS knows and don't know. This board's purpose is to discuss USF sports. I'm just looking at potential players I would like for us to give a chance too. One thing I won't acknowledge is somebody dismissing a player that I feel should get a chance w/o even looking at buddy's film. CJS also started McCloud.....how did that work out? I have a right to want and discuss a player I feel should be on the team. It beats talking about some nasty ass wine or dicht-riding Coastal Carolina. 

Coach Scott stated repeatedly he reads the portal twice a day. He is no position to not investigate players. My question to you is would be all over this guy if he was from Jacksonville or Miami? My main point was not to let the fact he is from Tampa to be such an important element...there is a reason he is in the portal. Again if he says this kid should be a Bull then I am all in supporting the kid. In terms of your comment on Coastal Carolina you make an excellent point. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
H

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

8 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Since 2016, Penn State has recruited (1-2) 4 star DTs every year. This guy is competing with the best of the best and still made it into 13 games.  Not sure how you so easily write this man off. Either way, he is still a young player with a good 3 years left and was rate HIGHER than all of our players from the past 5 years. If you want to "assume" he is not worthy then go ahead 🤷🏾‍♂️

His dad was a baller and NFL players kids normally retain some of their talent.  As you have eloquently stated our Dline is depleted and mostly ass and it would be hard for me to believe he wouldn’t be better than what we got however the contrarian in me couldn’t help but take the opposing view.  

Just now, Friscobull said:

His dad was a baller and NFL players kids normally retain some of their talent.  As you have eloquently stated our Dline is depleted and mostly ass and it would be hard for me to believe he wouldn’t be better than what we got however the contrarian in me couldn’t help but take the opposing view.  

😂😂😂 You are ass, but thanks for being honest. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

4 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

😂😂😂 You are ass, but thanks for being honest. 

I spent many Sunday afternoons watching his dad at the Old Stadium and Ray Jay.  If we have a chance to get the kid we would take him in a NY minute, name alone is worthwhile.  His dad may have turned into a sleezy ambulance chaser but I still like the guy.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Coach Scott stated repeatedly he reads the portal twice a day. He is no position to not investigate players. My question to you is would be all over this guy if he was from Jacksonville or Miami? My main point was not to let the fact he is from Tampa to be such an important element...there is a reason he is in the portal. In terms of your comment on Coastal Carolina you make an excellent point. 

I shall paraphrase my point to Frisco - "Since 2016, Penn State has recruited (1-2) 4 star DTs every year. This guy is competing with the best of the best and still made it into 13 games."....Yes there is a reason he wants to be in the portal....to actually GET MORE PLAYING TIME. I can live with that. I'm not saying CJS is not looking into the portal either. I'm just discussing who I would like for us to get. As for picking players from Tampa...Hell yea, that is a big ass advantage. His parents LIVE NEXT DOOR to TOM BRADY. His father also played for the Gators. Would you rather UF get this player? To be honest I would rather we get Mohamed Diallo from Central Michigan or Netori Johnson from Georgia, but I would prefer a Tampa player if possible, b/c players go harder for their hometown. 

screenshot.png

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

58 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Here ya go my friend. Also @NewEnglandBull

News excerpt -

"

Culpepper appeared in all nine games this season ,making five total tackles and registering half a sack. His best game came against Maryland when he managed three tackles against the Terps in Penn State's eventual losing effort.

The sophomore has seven career tackles and made appearances in 13 games during Penn State's 2019-20 season. He picked up credit for half a sack in both seasons but had yet to see significant playing time in the defensive line rotation despite making regular appearances throughout the year.

Players who enter the transfer portal are permitted to return to their previous institution which means Culpepper could very well return. Equally true, transfers through the portal this year will be immediately eligible to play rather than be required to sit out the upcoming season per usual NCAA transfer rules.

The Florida product spoke to the media this past summer about his career and Tom Brady, his parent's neighbor."

60331998_1140605046114254_77635601552826

One-on-one with DT Judge Culpepper. ⤵️ We Are...

Although was looking more for how he played at the college level, thanks for the highlights. In high school, he did take the majority of snaps on the defensive side of the ball from the DE position but PSU does have some taller players at that DT position. Just think it's kind of rare to see effective ones at 6' 4" +. Kinda agree with Frisco that he looks more like an OT at that height and weight ...

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I shall paraphrase my point to Frisco - "Since 2016, Penn State has recruited (1-2) 4 star DTs every year. This guy is competing with the best of the best and still made it into 13 games."....Yes there is a reason he wants to be in the portal....to actually GET MORE PLAYING TIME. I can live with that. I'm not saying CJS is not looking into the portal either. I'm just discussing who I would like for us to get. As for picking players from Tampa...Hell yea, that is a big ass advantage. His parents LIVE NEXT DOOR to TOM BRADY. His father also played for the Gators. Would you rather UF get this player? To be honest I would rather we get Mohamed Diallo from Central Michigan or Netori Johnson from Georgia, but I would prefer a Tampa player if possible, b/c players go harder for their hometown. 

screenshot.png

Netori Johnson is a stud with a high ceiling. Again, if we get Culpepper I am all on board, but I’ll leave it up to the big guy.