• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

****** OFFICIAL ****** ALL THINGS PORTAL *********

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

300 LB's on a 6' 5" frame is not nose tackle material .... helluva tight end specimen, though, if he's athletic.

So he is 10-15 pounds away from from the ideal weight? Deadrin Senat was 300Ibs and 6'1....Not sure how "4 inches" make this man not physical enough. Have you looked at his film, or did you just look at his height and say he is too tall for the position? LOOK at his film and then tell me what about how he PLAYS you don't like. 

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Plenty of short fat boys in the portal. Besides Thad Magnum and Green, the rest of our DTs are trash. 

screenshot.png

Edited by Gatorbull325

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Agreed...just because someone is from Tampa that is no reason to get excited if he does not have the weight. CJS is looking every day at the portal if he sees anything worth value he will make contact. 

Taggart already snatched a 4 star QB and a 4 star wide receiver from Penn State. Our DTs were trash except for an FBS transfer, so yes, I'm looking forward and getting excited to add some players that can stop a running back or sack a QB. Go look at some film before you dismiss a player.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

24 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

So he is 10-15 pounds away from from the ideal weight? Deadrin Senat was 300Ibs and 6'1....Not sure how "4 inches" make this man not physical enough. Have you looked at his film, or did you just look at his height and say he is too tall for the position? LOOK at his film and then tell me what about how he PLAYS you don't like

Never said he wasn't physical enough and did look at his height as a negative. NT's are typically lower to the ground for leverage and Senat is the perfect example. If you've got a link to Culpepper's highlights I'd definitely be interested in seeing them.

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Never said he wasn't physical enough and did look at his height as a negative. NT's are typically lower to the ground for leverage and Senat is the perfect example. If you've got a link to Culpepper's highlights I'd definitely be interested in seeing them.

Here ya go my friend. Also @NewEnglandBull

News excerpt -

"

Culpepper appeared in all nine games this season ,making five total tackles and registering half a sack. His best game came against Maryland when he managed three tackles against the Terps in Penn State's eventual losing effort.

The sophomore has seven career tackles and made appearances in 13 games during Penn State's 2019-20 season. He picked up credit for half a sack in both seasons but had yet to see significant playing time in the defensive line rotation despite making regular appearances throughout the year.

Players who enter the transfer portal are permitted to return to their previous institution which means Culpepper could very well return. Equally true, transfers through the portal this year will be immediately eligible to play rather than be required to sit out the upcoming season per usual NCAA transfer rules.

The Florida product spoke to the media this past summer about his career and Tom Brady, his parent's neighbor."

60331998_1140605046114254_77635601552826

One-on-one with DT Judge Culpepper. ⤵️ We Are...

On 10/27/2020 at 3:15 PM, Gatorbull325 said:

My picks - 

1. Jernard Phillips, 
  2. John Waller
  3. Jordan McCloud
  4. Darrien Grant

• My picks - 
  1. Jernard Phillips (correct prediction)
  2. John Waller (I'm cool if he stays)
  3. Jordan McCloud(correct prediction)
  4. Darrien Grant (mofo need to transfer  the hell on!)

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Here ya go my friend. Also @NewEnglandBull

News excerpt -

"

Culpepper appeared in all nine games this season ,making five total tackles and registering half a sack. His best game came against Maryland when he managed three tackles against the Terps in Penn State's eventual losing effort.

The sophomore has seven career tackles and made appearances in 13 games during Penn State's 2019-20 season. He picked up credit for half a sack in both seasons but had yet to see significant playing time in the defensive line rotation despite making regular appearances throughout the year.

Players who enter the transfer portal are permitted to return to their previous institution which means Culpepper could very well return. Equally true, transfers through the portal this year will be immediately eligible to play rather than be required to sit out the upcoming season per usual NCAA transfer rules.

The Florida product spoke to the media this past summer about his career and Tom Brady, his parent's neighbor."

60331998_1140605046114254_77635601552826

One-on-one with DT Judge Culpepper. ⤵️ We Are...

I watched it prior to you posting it and here is my take because I am sure you are on the edge of your seat. He played some TE and had good hands but not much speed.  He played some DE and can’t play this due to a lack of speed and is forced to play inside.  As mentioned earlier he is too tall and plays up right making him an ineffective interior lineman.  He is a tweener, he has no position he is suited on D  in my opinion,  with his feet and size he needs to go OL, bulk up and he may turn out to be a good OT, he is athletic.

15 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I watched it prior to you posting it and here is my take because I am sure you are on the edge of your seat. He played some TE and had good hands but not much speed.  He played some DE and can’t play this due to a lack of speed and is forced to play inside.  As mentioned earlier he is too tall and plays up right making him an ineffective interior lineman.  He is a tweener, he has no position he is suited on D  in my opinion,  with his feet and size he needs to go OL, bulk up and he may turn out to be a good OT, he is athletic.

He was good enough to play in 13 games as a DT  at Penn State...but I guess you know him better than the coaches at Penn State did. He is currently 300 Ibs. 

2020 • REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE SEASON

Awards: Earned Academic All-Big Ten honors.

Season: Appeared in nine games on defense and special teams...Made five tackles and a half-sack. 

Maryland (11/7): Collected a career-high three tackles...Recorded a half-sack in the third quarter. at Nebraska (11/14): Made one tackle. Iowa (11/21): Registered one tackle.

2019 • REDSHIRT FRESHMAN SEASON

Awards: Selected Academic All-Big Ten.

Season: Appeared in 13 games, primarily on special teams...One of 29 players to make their collegiate debut.

Buffalo (9/7): Assisted on one tackle. Rutgers (11/30): Registered a half-sack.

2018 • TRUE FRESHMAN SEASON

Awards: Won the Scout Team Defensive Player of the Year award, along with Max Chizmar and Justin Neff, at the team’s awards banquet.

Season: Redshirt season.

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

He was good enough to play in 13 games as a DT  at Penn State...but I guess you know him better than the coaches at Penn State did. He is currently 300 Ibs. 

2020 • REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE SEASON

Awards: Earned Academic All-Big Ten honors.

Season: Appeared in nine games on defense and special teams...Made five tackles and a half-sack. 

Maryland (11/7): Collected a career-high three tackles...Recorded a half-sack in the third quarter. at Nebraska (11/14): Made one tackle. Iowa (11/21): Registered one tackle.

2019 • REDSHIRT FRESHMAN SEASON

Awards: Selected Academic All-Big Ten.

Season: Appeared in 13 games, primarily on special teams...One of 29 players to make their collegiate debut.

Buffalo (9/7): Assisted on one tackle. Rutgers (11/30): Registered a half-sack.

2018 • TRUE FRESHMAN SEASON

Awards: Won the Scout Team Defensive Player of the Year award, along with Max Chizmar and Justin Neff, at the team’s awards banquet.

Season: Redshirt season.

They used him sparingly and simply rotated him in if they needed a fresh body for a breather, injury or the Rona.  He made a tackle in every other game he played, not exactly impressive for a team that started 0-5.  Where else would they play the guy with that size and lack of speed.  It is unfortunate they did not consult me and I could have provided them my thoughts on the young man.  However the stat about him being in a 3 way tie for best defensive scout player was head turning so I say we sign him for that feat alone 😀

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

They used him sparingly and simply rotated him in if they needed a fresh body for a breather, injury or the Rona.  He made a tackle in every other game he played, not exactly impressive for a team that started 0-5.  Where else would they play the guy with that size and lack of speed.  It is unfortunate they did not consult me and I could have provided them my thoughts on the young man.  However the stat about him being in a 3 way tie for best defensive scout player was head turning so I say we sign him for that feat alone 😀

Since 2016, Penn State has recruited (1-2) 4 star DTs every year. This guy is competing with the best of the best and still made it into 13 games.  Not sure how you so easily write this man off. Either way, he is still a young player with a good 3 years left and was rate HIGHER than all of our players from the past 5 years. If you want to "assume" he is not worthy then go ahead 🤷🏾‍♂️