• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

St. Felix Leaves

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

Goodbye and good luck!  I'm not sure what happened with him, but hopefully he can find success.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

On 12/15/2020 at 9:54 AM, BulledOver said:

It appears he is graduating as a junior?? That shows a lot about him being a serious student. Good for him.

He was here 4 years, which is typical time to graduate (unless he enrolled in the Fall, in which case 3.5 years is excellent).  I thought he'd break records when I was at the spring game his freshman year.  I think he suffered thru mediocre QB here the post-Flowers.  I think he'll do very well somewhere else...hated to see him go, but some Tweets imply CJS is nudging some players into the portal that he doesn't see have a roll in what he's building.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,942
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, JupiterBull said:

He was here 4 years, which is typical time to graduate (unless he enrolled in the Fall, in which case 3.5 years is excellent).  I thought he'd break records when I was at the spring game his freshman year.  I think he suffered thru mediocre QB here the post-Flowers.  I think he'll do very well somewhere else...hated to see him go, but some Tweets imply CJS is nudging some players into the portal that he doesn't see have a roll in what he's building.

I wonder if its talent or cultural fit. Or both.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

12 hours ago, hm101 said:

I wonder if its talent or cultural fit. Or both.

Yeah, could be he showed some upset at the drop in production, but that's speculation.  Before the season, St. Felix Tweeted that he planned for this to be his last season, implying he'd move on to the next level.  Not a great season.  Horne never seemed to recover from his knee injury.  I had real high hopes for him.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

On 12/16/2020 at 7:20 AM, Gatorbull325 said:

I would have to say, we may not have a lot of success on the field these past 5-10 years, but man we sure get a lot of players that get good grades and graduate. 

Would rather win and have a lower graduation rate like everybody else but if you are intent in finding a silver lining in this **** storm than not a terrible observation.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Would rather win and have a lower graduation rate like everybody else but if you are intent in finding a silver lining in this **** storm than not a terrible observation.

Actually you have to be careful there. If they within a certain benchmark the institution can be penalized by the NCAA relative to scholarships and post season. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Actually you have to be careful there. If they within a certain benchmark the institution can be penalized by the NCAA relative to scholarships and post season. 

All these non athletic students graduating have eliminated us from the post season anyways, I would rather be on the edge and   If we get penalized than sobeit, at least we would have an entertaining product to watch.  

• Upvote 1