• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So what are your thoughts on the FB Coach and Program?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, NovaBull said:

This year was definitely an anomaly (fingers crossed) and very hard to judge due to obvious issues mentioned previously.

That said, IMO, I’m not very impressed by the direction of this program. I’m never a fan of addition by subtraction (it’s literally factually incorrect) and when I see so much attrition on a team it speaks to their being major issues. Texas still hasn’t recovered from CCS doing it there, and hell, we aren’t Texas. 

My major fear is other players (transfers/recruits) see this attrition and attribute this to an unfair staff/over-harsh discipline/bad talent evaluation and don’t want to be a part of this program. Sometimes you have to make chicken salad out of chicken **** in order to keep things moving and find ways to make your existing talent thrive (Gulf Coast Offense anyone?) and the rebuild comes more organically.

Once the momentum starts, then you can start to pick up some key pieces (4* guys want to come) and then it’s a matter of keeping the ball rolling - which is was easier to do than starting to roll the boulder in the first place.

TL;DR, the verdict is still out on CJS, but I’m not sold on his style and am not convinced he can be flexible enough to put guys in the right spots to be successful.

Texas had plenty of time to get thier act together. And CCS from what i remember he didbt leave the cupboard bare.

4 hours ago, The LCRR said:

Are we still blaming CCS? Or is it much deeper?

I hated how stubborn he was with the QB situation. Noah probably could have gotten us at least 5 wins. I also hated the 3 man fronts on Defense in addition to kicking players off the team except for Pickney and Kegler who i was hoping would transfer. They are the 2 weakest links. 

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  3

I think a few things happened:

1. The talent we had was superficial, and skin deep at best.

2. Covid most definitely effected our season/game plan/practicing. (Yes, I know everyone had a Covid season)

3. Coach Scott was a co-OC before getting HC here. He probably has some growing pains to get through. Along with the boy wonder OC.

4. I think he has a vision for this team and he is going out to get his players he needs from recruiting/transferring.

This season was a dumpster fire. It was started by CCS. I don’t whether Strong hated it here, didn’t care, was unlucky, or just a bad fit for the program all around. Bottom line he left us in dire straits, and CJS has to sift through the ashes and build the program from scratch.

The program has no “tradition” and our game day atmosphere is kind of bleh. Coach Scott has quite the rebuild of the football team, and the perception of our program. I think he can turn this ship around. He’s a young coach with fire and energy. Let’s see what he can do, honor his full contract and not get panicky and fire him early.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Offense getting better as the year went on. 
the offense is going in the right direction.
The defense is terrible. Probably need a new coordinator.

Overall, Jeff Scott has us pointed where we need to go. I think he will get us there. 

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  3

6 minutes ago, Gismo said:

Overall, Jeff Scott has us pointed where we need to go. I think he will get us there. 

I think a portion of that was being undersized on the d-line 

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

8 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I hated how stubborn he was with the QB situation. Noah probably could have gotten us at least 5 wins.

Ok - I will bite here

What 4 games do you believe that we would have won if Noah Johnson had been the QB consistently?

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

10 hours ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

I honestly love that CJS is burning this thing to the ground in an effort to change the culture. Whether that translates into on field success is to be seen.

Watching your team lose week after week sucks. Especially after the last few years of the CCS regime. I think IF our fanbase can be patient we will be rewarded by this staff's efforts in a few years.

watch this look here GIF by Paul McCartney

Guest Jonesy Bull
13 hours ago, The LCRR said:

Are we still blaming CCS? Or is it much deeper?

Sometimes you have to take a couple steps back before make several steps forward.

CJS said at the beginning this is a total evaluation year to see what we have and what we need.  He said was not putting a priority on wins and losses this year. So Im going with that.

Now - the real evaluation begins imo.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

5 hours ago, Gismo said:

You're right. We didnt expect anything but improvement this year. With the linebackers we have, I don't think the defense should have been as bad as it was. Fire D coordinator, and get some Dline. Then we can look at 4-8 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, bowman1 said:

Ok - I will bite here

What 4 games do you believe that we would have won if Noah Johnson had been the QB consistently?

We had two games in which we lost by less than 3 pts. In the Cincinatti game they didnt score a point in the 4th quarter. And we could have beat UCF as well. 

Screenshot_20201214-020118.png

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

5 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We had two games in which we lost by less than 3 pts. In the Cincinatti game they didnt score a point in the 4th quarter. And we could have beat UCF as well. 

Screenshot_20201214-020118.png

2 of the games you mentioned we scored over 30 and the third over 40 and still lost. Was Noah going to play Defense too?