• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

So what are your thoughts on the FB Coach and Program?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

17 minutes ago, The LCRR said:

Are we still blaming CCS? Or is it much deeper?

Yes

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,744
  • Content Count:  17,374
  • Days Won:  13

This is a throw away year. We knew we were going to be awful.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

30 minutes ago, The LCRR said:

Maybe.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,776
  • Days Won:  6

All things considered with everything that went on this season, I didn’t personally learn much. We were as bad as I thought we’d be. Coach Scott gets and extra year on his leash from me since this felt like a throw away season.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,742
  • Days Won:  17

41 minutes ago, The LCRR said:

Much deeper, these are all just by products of the disastrous decisions of the University administration when they fired CJL for motivating players 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,032
  • Days Won:  20

Hard to judge based on:

- First year of new head coach and staff

- Known terrible recruiting of CCS

- Pandemic causing games to be cancelled and players to sit.

You can’t draw any conclusions whatsoever based on this year. We got pounded by Tulsa and Cincinnati, which was to be expected. We got shellacked by ECU which was a surprise. But we lost to Memphis and UCF by a total of 13 points when I expected we’d get blown out. But then again, it goes back to the fact that we almost never had all of our starters available.

I don’t think we’re as bad as advertised but still have a lot of work to do to be in the upper-tier of the conference.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

If 2021 see's us getting to a bowl game I will call that a start and a good season. 2022 my expectations would be much higher for us to break out as a conf contender. If not? We got serious problems. Tough to take a 3 year cellar dweller team and Presto! your a winner in 2 seasons. This year? I called this a scrimmage season it was basically a cluster. Saw some high points and way too many lows. We shall see....

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

This year was definitely an anomaly (fingers crossed) and very hard to judge due to obvious issues mentioned previously.

That said, IMO, I’m not very impressed by the direction of this program. I’m never a fan of addition by subtraction (it’s literally factually incorrect) and when I see so much attrition on a team it speaks to their being major issues. Texas still hasn’t recovered from CCS doing it there, and hell, we aren’t Texas. 

My major fear is other players (transfers/recruits) see this attrition and attribute this to an unfair staff/over-harsh discipline/bad talent evaluation and don’t want to be a part of this program. Sometimes you have to make chicken salad out of chicken **** in order to keep things moving and find ways to make your existing talent thrive (Gulf Coast Offense anyone?) and the rebuild comes more organically.

Once the momentum starts, then you can start to pick up some key pieces (4* guys want to come) and then it’s a matter of keeping the ball rolling - which is was easier to do than starting to roll the boulder in the first place.

TL;DR, the verdict is still out on CJS, but I’m not sold on his style and am not convinced he can be flexible enough to put guys in the right spots to be successful.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I honestly love that CJS is burning this thing to the ground in an effort to change the culture. Whether that translates into on field success is to be seen.

Watching your team lose week after week sucks. Especially after the last few years of the CCS regime. I think IF our fanbase can be patient we will be rewarded by this staff's efforts in a few years.

• Upvote 1