• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

St. Felix and Horn expected to leave the USF football team

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

I have a hard time feeling good about a kid that showed a ton of promise and then shredded his knee for us being asked to leave, usually when something isn’t working out in life both sides see it and it’s in everyone’s interest to move on. I hope that’s the case here as well but it certainly doesn’t feel good initially and I wish I could be callous enough to celebrate it.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

So 20 recruits PLUS 10 or so transfers?

More like 7/8 transfers according to CS. 

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I have a hard time feeling good about a kid that showed a ton of promise and then shredded his knee for us being asked to leave, usually when something isn’t working out in life both sides see it and it’s in everyone’s interest to move on. I hope that’s the case here as well but it certainly doesn’t feel good initially and I wish I could be callous enough to celebrate it.

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill. He played, got hurt, played again, was not effective, asked to consider other schools. Remember Horne has NEVER had success with us as a wideout. His fame was returning kicks. Players get hurt all the time and come back ineffective. It’s a tough world but success is expected. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill. He played, got hurt, played again, was not effective, asked to consider other schools. Remember Horne has NEVER had success with us as a wideout. His fame was returning kicks. Players get hurt all the time and come back ineffective. It’s a tough world but success is expected. 

I know all of that and I know that it is what it is, I just have a hard time celebrating an injury related departure of someone that didn’t have a huge contract or millions of dollars in insurance to help ease the pain (assuming that it’s injury related and he isn’t a giant **** head making the transition impossible). Also I’m making a mountain out of a mole hill? Are you not familiar at all with my previous musings? 

Edited by puc86
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I know all of that and I know that it is what it is, I just have a hard time celebrating an injury related departure of someone that didn’t have a huge contract or millions of dollars in insurance to help ease the pain (assuming that it’s injury related and he isn’t a giant **** head making the transition impossible). Also I’m making a mountain out of a mole hill? Are you not familiar at all with my previous musings? 

Well if it makes you feel any better it “could” also be an “attitude” issue as well. Of course we will never know...

20 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Well if it makes you feel any better it “could” also be an “attitude” issue as well. Of course we will never know...

It would in fact make me feel better not that I’m probably losing sleep over it either way as long as the path is leading towards winning (which I question a tad simply because paths towards winning typically involve actually winning occasionally).

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I was not a fan of St. Felix. He had one good game early in his first year then disappeared until the last game of the year. Way too many drops. 

Horne was a one game wonder and became a fan favorite. I hope he gets the shot at the Olympics as he wanted, but has not been effective since the injury. 

Hope they both find spotssomewhere

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

More like making a mountain out of a Twitter rumor, which have been known to spawn multitudes of mountains ........ most usually collapsing in upon themselves.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Sucks...but helps allow more of Scott's guys onto team so hopefully thinks can be turned around quicker. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Expect more to follow.  The Great Washing 2.0