• Join Today

Join today and enjoy site benefits and fewer ads presented

• Members do not see this ad. Join today.

McCloud will be your starter next year

Start coming to terms with that in your minds.  They are not going to bring in a 3 star freshman to replace him at QB.  It's not happening.  Not after throwing for 404 yards.  He has earned credibility with the coaches.

You might as well make peace with the fact that McCloud is your quarterback.  Unless USF signs a 4 or 5 star QB on signing day, McCloud will be your QB next year, and frankly, he deserves to go into next year as the presumed starter.

We have no one on our current roster who can consistently beat him out.  He has limitations, but he did have a 9-2 TD to INT ratio this year, as well as far and away the most yards of any QB this year with 1,341.  If the rest of the roster is upgraded, McCloud can be a serviceable long term answer.  I believe he has 3 years left, since this year did not count against eligibility.

Get the fact in your head that there are no 5 star QB's awaiting in the wings ready to take over as soon as they step on campus.  McCloud will be your starter going into next year, and frankly, he deserves it.  Will he finish next year as the starter, who knows, but opening day next year he will trot out with the offense.

Members do not see this ad, Register
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In his last outing (Houston I think) he was something like 0-10 on 3rd down before the game was out of reach. He Hasn't had 2 good games in a row so he's hardly a lock for the job. But he played very

He's earned a shot at competing for the spot...by no means it is a lock that he will be our starter though 

He will go into the season as the starter. If he plays like yesterday we are fine. If he can't move the offense you have at least 2 other options with experience.

In his last outing (Houston I think) he was something like 0-10 on 3rd down before the game was out of reach. He Hasn't had 2 good games in a row so he's hardly a lock for the job. But he played very well yesterday, he proved he is capable. Now he needs to show consistency.

• Upvote 1

I can't help but notice that we were much more  competitive in all the weeks we had some kind of bye the week before. We dominated the Citadel of course, but we were in positions to win against Temple, Memphis, and UCF, all of which we had an off week before the game. that tells you that this was a matter of getting more practice in. With a full spring camp and perhaps some development in how to manage and win games late...we could easily take an 8 to 9 win quantum leap next year. Please remember that CJS is a first year head coach. It's one thing to not understand it fully now, but if he learns it for next year, that' sokay. 

The schedule is stupid hard again though. An undefeated USF next year (yes, yes, I know this has never happened), would be locked in at #5 next year in the CFP rankings (seeing as they can't afford an American team entering the playoffs unless we beat UF and UF wins the SEC). BYU on the road will be an enormously difficult game, and NC state's not bad either. 

5 hours ago, DJBulls said:

He's earned a shot at competing for the spot...by no means it is a lock that he will be our starter though 

"Earned a shot at competing?"  Every QB on the roster has earned the shot at competing or they wouldn't be there.

He has earned the starter position going into next year, until if/when someone beats him out.  And based off what I saw this year, the guy with the ability to beat him out is not currently on the roster.  A random 3 star freshman recruit is not going to beat him out either.  Sorry to burst your bubble. 

41 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

"Earned a shot at competing?"  Every QB on the roster has earned the shot at competing or they wouldn't be there.

He has earned the starter position going into next year, until if/when someone beats him out.  And based off what I saw this year, the guy with the ability to beat him out is not currently on the roster.  A random 3 star freshman recruit is not going to beat him out either.  Sorry to burst your bubble. 

All the qb's will compete for the starting spot...you didn't see enough from the other qb's to give you an indication they can beat McCloud out because there was a quandary of injuries and covid related factors that kept them from getting enough snaps during the season...the coaching staff took pretty much the entire year to make a determination of who the starter would be and my guess is there will be a competition this off-season as well...

• Upvote 1
  • Brad unfeatured this topic