• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls -1.5 vs URI

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Expect a close one tomorrow. URI has to be a little more tired than us so hopefully we can utilize our bench. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,510
  • Days Won:  422

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Expect a close one tomorrow. URI has to be a little more tired than us so hopefully we can utilize our bench. 

The more tired part must be the impetus as to why we're favored ....

Just now, Triple B said:

The more tired part must be the impetus as to why we're favored ....

Yep

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Days Won:  0

Hey All, I’ve been a lurker on the site since joining last August.  The game on Saturday is the one that I was hoping was going to happen, I just didn’t realize this soon.  My wife and I are both Rhody alums, we moved down here for her to take an Assistant Professor position at USF.  I’ve had Rhody season tickets every year since I started as a student in 1991 up until the end of the 2019 season.  Being a college basketball fan made the decision easy to grab USF hoops season tickets last year, and we went to every game and enjoyed the Yeungling Center with our family.  
This years team is a great unknown with the graduations and transfer of Tyrese Martin (UConn) and Jacob Toppin (Kentucky).  The team will live and die with the play of Fatts Russell.  This kid is a pleasure to watch.  Lightning fast, can hit the deep 3, and just an overall pest on defense.  He had a pedestrian game against ASU on Wednesday with 4 fouls in the 1st half, and fouling out with 5:00 remaining.  Fatts will drive the lane and has no fear being in there with the big guys, he’ll look to dish off to Antwan Walker or Jermaine Harris (foot injury, DNP against ASU), whom are the only returners who had an impact last season.  
There are 8 newcomers to the team this year, including Jeremy Sheppard who threw down 19 against ASU.  The Mitchell Twins, transfers from Maryland, are 6’10, and are hopeful to be big contributors as the season goes on.  DJ Johnson and Jalen Carey, the Syracuse transfer, both showed that they can shoot the ball.  Unfortunately, everyone is pretty much in the same boat with their respective teams, and as fans, don’t know too much yet.  These early games  can go either way as teams are trying to knock off the rust.
My hope in this game is for it to be a 1 or 2 OT thriller, with my Rams winning at the end.....Then I will back to cheering for the Bulls the rest of the way.  🤘

Some Rhody info for you all:

Message Board link:

http://keaneyblue.com/viewforum.php?f=6

Twitter Handles for some of the local reporters:

Bill Koch, Providence Journal: @BillKoch25
Will Geoghegan, South County Independent: @RhodyWill
Kevin McNamara, ProJo:  @KevinMcNamara33

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Plet205 said:

Hey All, I’ve been a lurker on the site since joining last August.  The game on Saturday is the one that I was hoping was going to happen, I just didn’t realize this soon.  My wife and I are both Rhody alums, we moved down here for her to take an Assistant Professor position at USF.  I’ve had Rhody season tickets every year since I started as a student in 1991 up until the end of the 2019 season.  Being a college basketball fan made the decision easy to grab USF hoops season tickets last year, and we went to every game and enjoyed the Yeungling Center with our family.  
This years team is a great unknown with the graduations and transfer of Tyrese Martin (UConn) and Jacob Toppin (Kentucky).  The team will live and die with the play of Fatts Russell.  This kid is a pleasure to watch.  Lightning fast, can hit the deep 3, and just an overall pest on defense.  He had a pedestrian game against ASU on Wednesday with 4 fouls in the 1st half, and fouling out with 5:00 remaining.  Fatts will drive the lane and has no fear being in there with the big guys, he’ll look to dish off to Antwan Walker or Jermaine Harris (foot injury, DNP against ASU), whom are the only returners who had an impact last season.  
There are 8 newcomers to the team this year, including Jeremy Sheppard who threw down 19 against ASU.  The Mitchell Twins, transfers from Maryland, are 6’10, and are hopeful to be big contributors as the season goes on.  DJ Johnson and Jalen Carey, the Syracuse transfer, both showed that they can shoot the ball.  Unfortunately, everyone is pretty much in the same boat with their respective teams, and as fans, don’t know too much yet.  These early games  can go either way as teams are trying to knock off the rust.
My hope in this game is for it to be a 1 or 2 OT thriller, with my Rams winning at the end.....Then I will back to cheering for the Bulls the rest of the way.  🤘

Message Board link:

Thanks for the update and perspective Plet! Good luck to your wife at USF.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,510
  • Days Won:  422

2 minutes ago, Plet205 said:

Message Board link:

Thanks for the info and welcome to the world of the contributors ...... and Fatts Russell is an awesome name.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,726

8 minutes ago, Plet205 said:

Message Board link:

You are very likely the only person on the planet who has had both USF and Rhode Island season tickets. 😂🤘

Thanks for the info. I watched the URI vs BC game, and I'm thinking your wife's employer's team will prevail. 😉

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7

7 hours ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

You are very likely the only person on the planet who has had both USF and Rhode Island season tickets. 😂🤘

Ha Ha!  I’m sure you’re 100% correct on that one.