• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

MBB first game vs Florida College

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Days Won:  3

Holy crap we are gonna suck.

Fire Gregory.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

True but I am pretty sure we ain’t #18 talent just yet. Effort has to be 75% better than today for sure or could be a replay of the civil war...you know the one where the “Yankees” won...🤣🤣

The South had more talent just out numbered, effort will be there, they were embarrassed today, I am putting my reputation on the line that you will see a different team on Saturday. Who gives a **** what the rankings are right now anyways. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

4 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Ok stop acting holier than thou...i was responding to your terse response "Huh".

Everybody expected a big USF win including me.   I wasnt calling you out specifically but dont act like you are not surprised by the score.  I know I am.

You are the one trying to start something.  I said nothing to you.

Huh?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

The South had more talent just out numbered, effort will be there, they were embarrassed today, I am putting my reputation on the line that you will see a different team on Saturday. Who gives a **** what the rankings are right now anyways. 

Fair point...OSU could suck balls by the end of the year. Wow...I am actually surprised as I did not know you actually have a reputation. But that’s pretty cool...😁

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Fair point...OSU could suck balls by the end of the year. Wow...I am actually surprised as I did not know you actually have a reputation. But that’s pretty cool...😁

I don’t, that is the reason it was so easy to stake it on our team that actually played like ass today 😀

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

7 hours ago, Friscobull said:

There are just many ways to go about this but I figure it is Thanksgiving so will just bold it and leave it.  😁

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

3 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

It tough to assess what we saw against Florida College, but my biggest takeaways are that Murphy could be the greatest passing guard in the history of the program and that only running Durr did during the offseason was to the nearest buffet.

URI has guards that can run and without Castaneda I suspect CBG will run more of a "big" lineup with Murphy and Collins handling the ball most of the time. Like the last few years, I am most interested in seeing what kind of offense CBG runs in the half court - this is the change that needs to occur if we are to take than next step.

I suspect our half court offense will be Collins/Chaplin driving to the basket and collapsing the defense with 4s waiting for the kick out somewhere between the midrange and 3pt line. Second chance points will be required. It is very disappointing to see Durr out of shape because getting him the ball in the high post and knocking down the jumper from the ft line is the key to breaking the zone defense. Any team that does not run zone against us should fire their coach.

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

There are just many ways to go about this but I figure it is Thanksgiving so will just bold it and leave it.  😁

Happy Thanksgiving wise guy and don’t gain all 30lbs back today 😀

24 minutes ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

I suspect our half court offense will be Collins/Chaplin driving to the basket and collapsing the defense with 4s waiting for the kick out somewhere between the midrange and 3pt line. Second chance points will be required. It is very disappointing to see Durr out of shape because getting him the ball in the high post and knocking down the jumper from the ft line is the key to breaking the zone defense. Any team that does not run zone against us should fire their coach.

Durr did not look that out of shape, he simply can’t jump, he tried to bulk up some and am not concerned with his ability to shed a couple lbs.  Watching us go scoreless for big chunks of time against a zone with minimal movement on offense is my biggest concern as well. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,215
  • Days Won:  422

21 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Durr did not look that out of shape, he simply can’t jump, he tried to bulk up some and am not concerned with his ability to shed a couple lbs.  Watching us go scoreless for big chunks of time against a zone with minimal movement on offense is my biggest concern as well. 

Didn't think he looked that out of shape either .... maybe the new 'do' confused some. He didn't really need to jump yesterday but definitely has to do better at finishing first chances around the rim. we won't get many second ones against bigger teams ......... well, except when Lex swoops in and does what he does.