4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Cincy ain’t going to the playoffs...that is nonsense. But they will beat whoever they play in the Peach Bowl. 

The odds aren't in their favor, but there is a path.

Members do not see this ad, Register
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Of course. TBPers can comment on anything. No knowledge required. 

I can’t believe we are bowl eligible and still getting screwed by the man 

10 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

The odds aren't in their favor, but there is a path.

As long as a committee decides who goes to the playoffs that path is full of thorns. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

As long as a committee decides who goes to the playoffs that path is full of thorns. 

That's why we need a 16-team playoff - all 10 conference champions and 6 at large selections. Never understood why people complained that it was too much for student-athletes when the FCS has a 24-team playoff.

• Upvote 1

The playoff doesn't include anyone outside of P5 and never will as a 4 team playoff... I agree with NEB. They aren't going to the playoff and may be lucky to make the NY6. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

That's why we need a 16-team playoff - all 10 conference champions and 6 at large selections. Never understood why people complained that it was too much for student-athletes when the FCS has a 24-team playoff.

Works for me but apparently not the folks with all the $$$.  Cut out the nonsense games on the schedule and make room for expanded playoff. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Sk00b said:

Works for me but apparently not the folks with all the $$$.  Cut out the nonsense games on the schedule and make room for expanded playoff. 

I think the logical evolution will likely be the following:

• 4 team playoff (CURRENTLY IN PLACE)
  • 8 team playoff - all at-large selections
  • 12 team playoff - 5 P5 Champions, top rated G5 champion, 6 at-large selections
  • Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I would even take an 8 team playoff. I think it will happen too when the public starts to ignore the fact that four of the same 9 teams are in the playoffs every year. Personally I could care less about watching another Bama vs Clemson championship. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 2

I believe they will expand to 8 within the next couple of years. The question becomes do they have the p5 champs and 3 at large or do they have p5 champs g5 champ and 2 at large. I’d like for it to go to 16 but I get the feeling they will stop at 8

3 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

I believe they will expand to 8 within the next couple of years. The question becomes do they have the p5 champs and 3 at large or do they have p5 champs g5 champ and 2 at large. I’d like for it to go to 16 but I get the feeling they will stop at 8

I think the G5 champ qualifies but only if the team is in the top 10.

• Upvote 1