• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I support Coaches

Guest Jonesy Bull
On 11/15/2020 at 1:45 PM, Sellular1 said:

Here is the national recruiting ranking the last 4 years.  We are middle of FBS.  Ranked above much of the AAC and other conferences.  I’m not suggesting they are 100% accurate but we should have the athletes to put on at least a competitive showing with the bottom half of the league.  Right now we couldn’t beat our own meat yet alone another team.

usa_today_11925073.jpg

UGA’s nearly tied Bama as the SEC’s gap grows. Meanwhile, A&M’s 2019 class ranks sixth-best in the SEC, but would have led two other power conferences.

Maybe the ranking say that but the eye test sure dont.  Lots of factors go into it.  Weed out the bad dudes that dont fit the culture.  Totally new scheme.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

2 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Maybe the ranking say that but the eye test sure dont.  Lots of factors go into it.  Weed out the bad dudes that dont fit the culture.  Totally new scheme.

That’s my point.  A lot of this has to do with coaching.  Our athletes aren’t THAT BAD.  Out of 126 FBS schools we rank at the absolute bottom of almost every category.  Per game average of 118th in 3rd down conversion and 117th in 3rd down defensive stops.  That’s pathetic.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/701/p3

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Sellular1 said:

That’s my point.  A lot of this has to do with coaching.  Our athletes aren’t THAT BAD.  Out of 126 FBS schools we rank at the absolute bottom of almost every category.  Per game average of 118th in 3rd down conversion and 117th in 3rd down defensive stops.  That’s pathetic.

Other than about 5 players our starters would not have been the starter on this team 4 years ago. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, Sellular1 said:

Ummm.  Did you pay any attention to the last 2 years of the CCS regime at all?

This is not the CJS team on the field yet.  Some but not near enough.  Yes below average players.  Not going to say bad.  Thats rude.

This has much mote to do with CCS not CJS.  Yes i thought be be a little better than rhis. But to blame CJS at this point is ludicrous.  Everybody wants instant gratification.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,221
  • Days Won:  25

This coaching staff talks the talk, but they have been outcoached several times resulting in losses in games we can win. The talent they were left with is lackluster and below  past USF standards, but they have to build up players and develop a plan to put the players in a system that will give them success. I have seen several coaching blunders and questionable calls. McCloud continues to start and we continue to lose. The kid just is not a d1 QB. How the coaches do not see that is beyond me. Can anyone give any evidence to support he can succeed and turn into a great QB.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

This coaching staff talks the talk, but they have been outcoached several times resulting in losses in games we can win. The talent they were left with is lackluster and below  past USF standards, but they have to build up players and develop a plan to put the players in a system that will give them success. I have seen several coaching blunders and questionable calls. 

You're assuming they are not doing this?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,221
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

You're assuming they are not doing this?

Did you see the 2-point conversation attempt versus temple? IT was a terrible drawn up play. Giving a win away to Memphis is another prime example. The defense went to prevent and prevented us from Winning. Getting out schemed and out coached by ECU is embarrassing.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Did you see the 2-point conversation attempt versus temple? IT was a terrible drawn up play. Giving a win away to Memphis is another prime example. The defense went to prevent and prevented us from Winning. Getting out schemed and out coached by ECU is embarrassing.

That wasn't the question

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

CJS is in over his head right now, hopefully he is a quick study but no signs of this thus far, hopefully his young energetic act on the recruiting trail can mask some of his deficiencies early on.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Did you see the 2-point conversation attempt versus temple? IT was a terrible drawn up play.

It absolutely was ....... but did you see the td pass to Brinkman in the Memphis game from almost the exact same spot on the field? All you can ask for is to earn from your mistakes ......... They've got a learning curve that's been exacerbated by this Year From Hell.