• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I support Coaches

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think the talent level on our team is that bad. QB and DL need a lot of work but I'm giving CJS a mulligan for this season.  We really have to be patient all I want is improvement year over year like we say with Taggart.  I think we will be ok in 2 years once we slowing drain the CCS recruits and we find a solid QB

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, NYCbull said:

I don't think the talent level on our team is that bad. QB and DL need a lot of work but I'm giving CJS a mulligan for this season.  We really have to be patient all I want is improvement year over year like we say with Taggart.  I think we will be ok in 2 years once we slowing drain the CCS recruits and we find a solid QB

You should come around more often...the continuous reading of fire and brimstone is becoming redundant and makes most of the board members look like a bunch of bush league whinnying amateurs. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

On 11/14/2020 at 9:07 PM, Rocky Style said:

The standard 3 year "Get His Guys" grace period.  The seat gets hot year 3, then you let Flowers play and take all the credit.

Might be my favorite post of all time.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

On 11/14/2020 at 9:30 PM, jjlovecub said:

Isnt that the point? He let his players play. I never understand these takes. 

In context CWT was on the super “going to get fired next week” hot seat.  He then decided to abandon a scheme that was not working and let QF do QF things.  This resulted in CWT falling up in the college football coaching world without having won a single game of significance until it finally caught up with him at FSU, but hey, he got paid.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

15 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

Here is the national recruiting ranking the last 4 years.  We are middle of FBS.  Ranked above much of the AAC and other conferences.  I’m not suggesting they are 100% accurate but we should have the athletes to put on at least a competitive showing with the bottom half of the league.  Right now we couldn’t beat our own meat yet alone another team.

usa_today_11925073.jpg

UGA’s nearly tied Bama as the SEC’s gap grows. Meanwhile, A&M’s 2019 class ranks sixth-best in the SEC, but would have led two other power conferences.

Dont forget about the full squad of players charlie kicked off the team. Solomon and Bell come to mind as players that likely start right now. Forgot about who else he kicked off, but it was like 17 players

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

On 11/14/2020 at 9:31 PM, BullsFanInTX said:

I don't support these coaches.  Why should I.  They have no ties to USF.  They are hired guns, hired for one reason, to come in and win football games.  They can't do that, and may be incapable of doing that.

I wanted Taggart rehired.  He has proven he can win here, and I don't think he would have left so fast this time.

I agreed with your comment fully until you got into thinking Taggart would want to stay. I think hes proven himself to be a mercenary. If you dont stick around for that senior class we had coming back, then he really doesnt care about sticking around at all. Couple that with his career after USF

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

8 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You should come around more often...the continuous reading of fire and brimstone is becoming redundant and makes most of the board members look like a bunch of bush league whinnying amateurs. 

I don't know about "most of", but definitely a handful especially the few that were preaching patients a few weeks ago and now it's where's my pitch fork

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

25 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Recruiting rankings are great when you have nothing else to go on. But for players who have been on campus (and in some cases left) 2-3 years ago, those rankings are irrelevant. Rankings are a way to project - now that we have live data on the recruits on campus, in the system, and we can see their performance for ourselves, those projections no longer matter.

Actual data > Projections

Rankings are typically correct, everyone violation on them but from a macro statistical perspective they are correct. What screws it up is ****** coaching. We have had a coach who has only completed a handful of games. Time will tell but you can’t discount this coach yet. 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,429
  • Days Won:  3

Coach has some serious studs on the way everyone just chill out for a year or two.