• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nick Roberts

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

He maybe one of the guys that leaves the team....

I hope the door doesn’t hit him in the ass on the way out. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

54 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

You take dumps in your office meetings?

Maybe it was a shart, unfortunate however not terribly uncommon.  

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  483
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/24/2020 at 10:35 PM, brybull1970 said:

Don't show this to @Triple B. He will immediately call out that USF's increased their "revenues" by $9.5M from 2018 to 2019, but what he will fail to tell you is that:

• Nearly all of that increase came from "School Funds" which includes services that the university provides to the athletic department, but of which they get to assess its value, and also includes depreciation, debt service and one time charges - this one actually needs to be dove into to really understand the direct revenue the university provided to the athletic department versus what is just revenue recognition from an Accounting perspective
  • Prior to this one year "increase", USF had grown its revenues and embarrassing 1% since joining the AAC; and we actually have negative growth over that timeframe if you rip out Student Fees 
  • Most importantly, other schools in the AAC had one year increases over this time frame as well including Houston ($19.9M), East Carolina ($13.1M), Cincinnati ($7.7M) and UCF ($7.1M), so this increase didn't really close the gap between USF and the rest of the conference in any meaningful way

So while agree with you that the core of why USF is where they are at today is because the embarrassing 1% growth in revenues over a 6 year period (by comparison, UCF has growth theirs by 68% over the same timeframe), don't be fooled when the $9.5M YOY number gets thrown at you as a counter argument.

I think this is the same comment you have shared several times and others have consistently noted that the UCF revenue increase is tied to their stadium, which actually functions in a net loss position (when factoring in interest on debt service). Including their on-campus stadium is not apples-to-apples to us. 

12 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Its as close to an apples-to-apples comparison as is publicly available.

All the more reason to stop quoting it. The notion that an on campus stadium is a significant source of revenue generation cannot be a shock to anyone. Misinformation is dangerous. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,235
  • Days Won:  25

Winning consistently grows the fan base pretty quick.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

On 10/24/2020 at 9:39 PM, Bullrush33 said:

Is it me or does our Covid 19 policy seem more rigid than other schools? It seems we were without multiple players for weeks and from what I understand it was contact tracing not just positive testing.

Think other schools have gone through the same thing.  I know FAU and La Tech have kept guys out for tracing.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Roberts probably just needs a good public flogging(w/ safe distancing of course) at the 50 yard line at RayJay. That worked for the Captain on the sailing ships in the old days to keep the sailors in line. Not sure if Capt Scott is interested...Ha! never know at this point. 

Just kidding Roberts in case your reading about yourself on this site. Remember: not good to show your ass publicly when your but a small part of a Team. Save that crap for social media rants... 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

On 10/24/2020 at 9:22 PM, brybull1970 said:

Players that want to win won't come here. We are the new UConn and may not sniff a bowl game until 2022. This mythical cycle that everyone talks about is ridiculous - once you run a program into the ground you become radioactive to talent. 

Kelly dealt this program a death blow by keeping the CCS cancer around a year too long. It killed recruiting, it killed the results on the field, it killed fan interest. To only distribute 5k tickets and have 1k people actually attend is a disgrace.

I feel the same way about recruits as I do about coaches. Just as you and I agreed that even if we fired Strong after year 2, as we should have, despite people saying we'd be toxic for coaches, that there are so many coaches looking for work that we'd get one, and we'd want the one intelligent enough to say "Wow, it seems weird to fire a guy with a winning record but I just watched your season and I understand why." that the same would apply to recruits, there are lots of players wanting to play at the college level and we'd get some, and we'd get some who recognize they could play immediately and show their stuff.

Maybe not enough to dominate right away, but enough to show progress and get more people to commit.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

If its straight revenue its not misleading, but if its how revenue cognition is occurring then I agree with you. If nothing else is directionally accurate.

I think you mean revenue RECOGNITION, not cognition. And no, sadly you are mistaken. As a CPA (thanks once again CR), I am impressed that you identified revenue recognition as a way that numbers can be difficult to compare. However, the revenues associated with an on-campus stadium (that UCF has access to and USF does not have access to) are in no material sense differentiated by revenue recognition patterns. UCF has significantly more revenue generation as a result of the stadium than we do. Again, misinformation is dangerous.

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

Correct, revenue recognition - sorry about the typo. As you are the CPA then I will definitely defer to you and your expertise on this topic and will stand corrected.

Wow. Thanks!