• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Won’t be back to RJS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I’m tired of talking about masks and the virus.  Let’s get back to football.  So how did the Bulls look last night?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

Just now, El_Toro_86 said:

I’m tired of talking about masks and the virus.  Let’s get back to football.  So how did the Bulls look last night?

Dude, the main reason we're talking about masks and the virus is because of how the Bulls looked last night ....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Masks and the virus are a more uplifting topic 

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  254
  • Days Won:  0

35 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Do yourself a favor and stay in Spain.  Show me one study that says these masks make a difference.  Masks have become a fashion statement and a way to virtue signal.  Some are bedazzled, some are crouched, some are buffs worn as masks and most people don’t wear them correctly anyway.  If the entire nation wore properly fitted N95 masks that would make a difference, but thats not happening is it.  The whole thing is a sham to get people to live in fear because when a society is in fear they can be controlled.

And just for the record I’ve had the China virus and I’ve donated plasma.  So STFU!

I can not provide you with one study to support masks work, El Toro, though we now have over two dozen as I am a physician.  Here's the evidence summarized in perhaps the most prestigious  journals in the world, Nature, JAMA and PANS . I recognize that it doesn't fit your thesis that 'masks are a fashion statement'.   I'm honestly not here to argue with you but misinformation is just that and must be corrected so others don't propagate stories that are untrue.

1. Nature: Oct 6, 2020

Summary: 'The science supports that face coverings are saving lives during the coronavirus pandemic, and yet the debate trundles on'.

d41586-020-02801-8_18428356.jpg

The science supports that face coverings are saving lives during the coronavirus pandemic, and yet the debate trundles on. How much evidence is enough? The...

2.  Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America: April 10, 2020

Summary:  'Our review of the literature offers evidence in favor of widespread mask use to reduce community transmission'.

https://files.fast.ai/papers/masks_lit_review.pdf

3. Journal of the America Medical Association

Summary: Universal masking at MGB was associated with a significantly lower rate of SARS-CoV-2 positivity among HCWs

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2768533

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

1 minute ago, dclenden said:

I can not provide you with one study to support masks work, El Toro, though we now have over two dozen as I am a physician.  Here's the evidence summarized in perhaps the most prestigious  journals in the world, Nature, JAMA and PANS . I recognize that it doesn't fit your thesis that 'masks are a fashion statement'.   I'm honestly not here to argue with you but misinformation is just that and must be corrected so others don't propagate stories that are untrue.

Summary: 'The science supports that face coverings are saving lives during the coronavirus pandemic, and yet the debate trundles on'.

The science supports that face coverings are saving lives during the coronavirus pandemic, and yet the debate trundles on. How much evidence is enough? The...

2.  Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America: April 10, 2020

Summary:  'Our review of the literature offers evidence in favor of widespread mask use to reduce community transmission'.

Summary: Universal masking at MGB was associated with a significantly lower rate of SARS-CoV-2 positivity among HCWs

Fake news .... this thing will be gone by Easter.

1 minute ago, dclenden said:

Now if you can get everyone to wear it properly rather than as a chin strap...

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, dclenden said:

When you're spaced 50 ft apart?  That's his point...sorry let me add...outdoors...

Edited by DJBulls
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Days Won:  2

Masks save lives  it's a fact but just because the results are supported by government agencies there will always be idiots that believe it's a conspiracy.  Just like the idiots that choose to smoke.  Here puff on this and we guarantee that it will knock 10-20 years off your lifespan...all the smokers say ******** I'll smoke because I want to and I'll prove you wrong.  My Dad was like that, I buried him two years ago (he died from lung cancer).  For the last 9 years, My mom has been tied to 30' of tubing  that's attached to an oxygen machine so that she can breath.  Guess what..she was a smoker too. 

The world is full of idiots.

7 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

When you're spaced 50 ft apart?  That's his point...sorry let me add...outdoors...

Exactly!  I follow the rules on masks everywhere I go.  I just felt that being outdoors with no one within at least 50 feet and having to take it on and off while drinking a beverage is excessive.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

20 minutes ago, dclenden said:

Seth Meyers Thank You GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers