• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Delayed watching of game. Lot of positives

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,353
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

After these last 2 games anybody still making cracks about his arm when it comes to throwing the ball is just clueless or trolling ...... now, ball security can use some work.

I agree - he has plenty of arm to play QB.  He does need to work a bit on his footwork and balance

When he sets-up and steps into his throws, there is a nice zip

When he is moving in the pocket or throwing on the run, he sometimes floats the ball

All of this can be corrected with some coaching 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  138

we had leads at half time and heading into the 4th quarter.

Hard to imagine people being super upset with things the entire game
but that sort of makes sense on this board. Some folks are far too difficult to please.

I just wish I had seen the game and not missed it it save the last 6 minutes on the radio. Oh well-- the highlights on TV were also unexpected.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Definitely saw some growth and heart out there yesterday. Not folding up at the first sign of adversity was big for me. They went out and played and competed for 4qtrs which is a big step in the right direction after 2 seasons of slow starts and folding up when we got punched in the mouth. 

McCloud looked good throwing the ball 2 games in a row but he's gotta secure the football better. 

Ford and Joiner both look good when the line holds up but Ford is special with the ball in his hands. 

The LBs made some plays and look decent even though the line in front of them leaves much to be desired 

Lapointe is a ball hawk and should have had 2 picks instead of just the 1. Would love to have a playmaker back at safety for the first time in years 

Special teams is actually making good things happen which is a huge change from the Justin Burke Era 

Lots of good to build off of but still lots more to get sorted out. 

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

11 hours ago, bowman1 said:

When he is moving in the pocket or throwing on the run, he sometimes floats the ball

Onr throw, though, that sticks with me is, I think it, was the last drive where he rolled out to his right and threw a dart of a pass to the sideline ....

And I assume it's been mentioned elsewhere but we did have a lead when that ******** call against Grier occurred.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Yes.  Lots of positives yesterday but still a long way to go.  I don’t know if I see another win on the schedule...maybe Navy.  Tulsa game could get ugly quick.  Our dline is an undersized FCS level unit.  Tulsa will pound those big backs down our throat.

• Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

4 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Yes.  Lots of positives yesterday but still a long way to go.  I don’t know if I see another win on the schedule...maybe Navy.  Tulsa game could get ugly quick.  Our dline is an undersized FCS level unit.  Tulsa will pound those big backs down our throat.

And just to compound the potential misery, is Grier missing the first half because of the bs targeting call?

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

And just to compound the potential misery, is Grier missing the first half because of the bs targeting call?

I believe so

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,340
  • Days Won:  5

On 10/18/2020 at 10:37 AM, Triple B said:

Even that weird announcer dude was saying what the hell was he supposed to do? Referees need to be held accountable for bs like this. Dude had a knee jerk reaction and it was even reviewed! how does USF always be on the back side of crap like this?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,831
  • Days Won:  67

17 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Even that weird announcer dude was saying what the hell was he supposed to do? Referees need to be held accountable for bs like this. Dude had a knee jerk reaction and it was even reviewed! how does USF always be on the back side of crap like this?

There was no flag on the play, they reviewed and tossed him which was ridiculous.  If this is where the game is going then it will become unwatchable, our team is already unwatchable prior to his happening so some would say we are on the cutting edge and even visionaries.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,204
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, Friscobull said:

There was no flag on the play, they reviewed and tossed him which was ridiculous.  If this is where the game is going then it will become unwatchable, our team is already unwatchable prior to his happening so some would say we are on the cutting edge and even visionaries.

The targeting rule needs room for human judgement. There are too many guys getting thrown out on hits that are not their fault. If you leave your feet then a guy slides, you can't help it if you make contact to the head.

On 10/18/2020 at 10:37 AM, Triple B said:

At least some one would come out with fresh legs and lightning in the 2nd half on d this game.