1 hour ago, The Sheriff said:

Stone Oak traffic is miserable now. Nice area for sure. They forgot to build more roads when they elected to throw 20,000 houses down in that area over the last two decades. I moved to the Dominion recently and have to deal with Stone Oak traffic every day on the drive back from my warehouse at 6 PM. I typically leave for the warehouse between 1:45 AM and 3:45 AM depending if I work in my home office for a few hours first - no traffic at those hours besides drunk drivers pre-COVID - and an easy 90 mph drive with the radar detector on.

Drove right past the Dominion on I10 on Wednesday, attended a funeral in Bandera.  They have done nothing with 1604, the traffic in north San Antonio is awful.  It is amazing to me that the roads are the exact same as they were when I left 10 years ago.

Members do not see this ad, Register
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

**** you 

What the F is your problem.   We showed improvement today.  Losing is not acceptable and it sucks.  But we said we would take improvement week to week.   So just stop with your negative fn v

Yeah we are not in melt down mode any more because we are all already melted 

On another positive note, McCloud moved up from #74 to #72 in Total QBR out of 76 eligible quarterbacks with a rating of 32.8. thanks to a season high rating of 40.6 yesterday. Despite the fumbles yesterday, we are starting to see improvement in his passing skills as evidence by his Total QBR improving each of the last 4 weeks.

• Citadel (19.0)
  • at #7 Notre Dame (19.1)
  • at #15 Cincinnati (32.1)
  • East Carolina (33.9)
  • at Temple (40.6)
Edited by brybull1970
33 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

On another positive note, McCloud moved up from #74 to #72 in Total QBR out of 76 eligible quarterbacks with a rating of 32.8. thanks to a season high rating of 40.6 yesterday. Despite the fumbles yesterday, we are starting to see improvement in his passing skills as evidence by his Total QBR improving each of the last 4 weeks.

• Citadel (19.0)
  • at #7 Notre Dame (19.1)
  • at #15 Cincinnati (32.1)
  • East Carolina (33.9)
  • at Temple (40.6)

you stink elaine benes GIF by HULU

3 minutes ago, NovaBull said:

you stink elaine benes GIF by HULU

Trying to be positive here. Considering what we have to work with, 4 consecutive weeks of improvement is something call out.

2 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Trying to be positive here. Considering what we have to work with, 4 consecutive weeks of improvement is something call out.

I completely get it and am actually one of the few on this board who don’t view what you normally say as “negativity”, but rather through a lens of where we ACTUALLY stand compared to our contemporaries.

You want to simply see what’s best for the program and the kids - let’s be honest, they’re still 18-22 year olds out there - and so do I.

Ultimately, while there certainly was improvement based on both the eye test and in the actual QBR, let’s be real, moving up two spots to only the fifth-worst QB in CFB is still not very good. 

Yes, it’s an improvement, but I’m not convinced that there isn’t someone else on this roster (looking at you Fortin) that couldn’t perform better if given the same opportunity. 

Because let’s all be real and take off the green and gold glasses (like my alliteration?), being the 72nd best QB isn’t going to win many games.

51 minutes ago, NovaBull said:

I completely get it and am actually one of the few on this board who don’t view what you normally say as “negativity”, but rather through a lens of where we ACTUALLY stand compared to our contemporaries.

You want to simply see what’s best for the program and the kids - let’s be honest, they’re still 18-22 year olds out there - and so do I.

Ultimately, while there certainly was improvement based on both the eye test and in the actual QBR, let’s be real, moving up two spots to only the fifth-worst QB in CFB is still not very good. 

Yes, it’s an improvement, but I’m not convinced that there isn’t someone else on this roster (looking at you Fortin) that couldn’t perform better if given the same opportunity. 

Because let’s all be real and take off the green and gold glasses (like my alliteration?), being the 72nd best QB isn’t going to win many games.

I don't disagree with you, but if I am going to be objective I do want to call out places where we have seen measurable improvements. A 40 Total QBR is still below average but now the discussion becomes is their more upside and can he become serviceable.

19 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

A few positive things to take away from today's game:

• Our 37 points scored were the most this season and the most in nearly a calendar year when we scored 44 at ECU on 10/26/19 (that was also our last conference win)
  • McCloud's 3 TD passes tied a career high
  • The defense allowed on 3.4 yards per carry
  • The defense had 2 timely interceptions
  • Special teams play was noticeably improved 

There is plenty to be critical of in this game, but we have a ton of inexperienced talent on the field and on the sidelines/in the booth. And while McCloud was terrible with the fumbles and Weiss with his play calling at the end, I think we can all agree that the color commenter on ESPN+ had the worst day of all of them, by suggesting Temple could run out of the back of the end zone to kill time when up by only 2.

Hey, the Bay News 9 weather lady on Friday said USF was playing Temple Terrace.

15 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Hey, the Bay News 9 weather lady on Friday said USF was playing Temple Terrace.

Well her job is to know the weather. That moron played the game and was being paid - presumably - to provide color commentary.

15 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Like it, lived in a brandon in HS and Riverhills  in my first house in valrico, for 7 years before I moved to stone oak in San Antonio in 2006

Yes, I lived in Brandon by Seffner/Mango I think, close to the intersection of Parsons and MLK Dr.  Been in Texas the past 20 years so my memory is kind of foggy of some things there.  I remember there was a Publix and and McDonalds on the corner, I think.

Currently live on the NE side near New Braunfels and fight I35 traffic into San Antonio every day.