• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scott Takes the Blame on the 2 Point Play

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

27 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Those were the back breakers of the game, but with McCloud that is just an extension of what we already know about him. The CJS discussion is getting picked apart because we don't have alot to go on so far, so these things have a tendency to get scrutinized.

That's player evaluation versus this being coaching evaluation, not why did we lose the game.

All I care about is why we lost the game...the rest window dressing. Those two fumbles don’t happen the 2 point conversion is moot. 

2 minutes ago, BiggTipp said:

Now having watched the 2 pt try and seeing Temple line up with 9 in the box, it was failed from the beginning. That would have been a perfect time for St. Felix to release his block and sit in the middle of the endzone. I watched the 2pt play at 1/2 speed. Blocking failed. St. Felix only put his hand on someone, neither f the pulling o-lineman ever blocked anybody, and the TE got pushed back into the backfield. BUT watch the DB's for Temple on that play...they were ALL run defense on that play. This may morph into another play where the play flows as usual for the qb sweep but NJ stops and takes a step back to deliver a pass to a potential wide open St. Felix in the endzone.

CJS has already said Temple has more players on the left side. Should have taken a 2nd TO

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Not sure why would you think a possible 14 point swing in a 2 point loss would be the biggest issue ...

Crazy right? 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Stop the highlight video at 3.16 and tell me that if the TE holds that edge we don't get the sideline. keep in mind there would two blockers in front of NJ ha they not been cut off by the DE. It was a great play by the DE he did exactly what is coached. String it out and wait. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

19 hours ago, Bull94 said:

listen I wasn't a fan of the call but you do realize we ran the exact same play earlier in the game for a TD right?

Yeah, so this is a 2 point attempt and the defense is going to be alert to the fact we might do something similar again.