• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scott Takes the Blame on the 2 Point Play

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, BulledOver said:

The trib article referred to the "social media" backlash towards CJS and his 2 pt play decision along with the self-inflicted loss. A week ago during questioning was asked something about the fan disappointment re: the poor play in the ECU beating we took. His comment was, welcome to reality. Now he is receiving some negatives from folks I guess after this loss. Probably, just another dose of reality. "Reality" hate that ****..... 

Where can I find that response?  I can accept what happened the first 3 games and even what happened against Temple.  Getting pushing around by a wimpy finesse loser of a program like ECU should never be acceptable.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Remember that on paper, every play works and every play is defendable. At the end of the day its still a guessing game, made easier through film study, but a guessing game nonetheless. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322

On 10/18/2020 at 11:08 AM, brybull1970 said:

Johnson is what the kids calls a "half threat quarterback".

I disagree. He had arguably one of the best passes of the season against Notre Dame. He has an arm and got the conference offensive player of the year at Alcorn State for more than just his legs. 

Maybe the coaches see him as a single threat, but if you look at some of his old college tape he certainly has the ability. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Mission9 said:

Where can I find that response?  I can accept what happened the first 3 games and even what happened against Temple.  Getting pushing around by a wimpy finesse loser of a program like ECU should never be acceptable.

The "reality" comment was during post game interview after ECU. Somebody asked him a question about the fan's or...something about fan feelings?? It wasn't done in a wise*** way just kinda off handed like..welcome to my world/team reality  

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074

10 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

The "reality" comment was during post game interview after ECU. Somebody asked him a question about the fan's or...something about fan feelings?? It wasn't done in a wise*** way just kinda off handed like..welcome to my world/team reality  

Ok, thanks.  Fair enough then.  We all know that he is up against it.  

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,832
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Remember that on paper, every play works and every play is defendable. At the end of the day its still a guessing game, made easier through film study, but a guessing game nonetheless. 

That play doesn’t even work against our crap D.  For you to defend that call is ridiculous, it was bush league and you are the only one claiming he guessed wrong and therefore should be absolved of any fault because it was just as likely the play would have worked than any other one.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

That play doesn’t even work against our crap D.  For you to defend that call is ridiculous, it was bush league and you are the only one claiming he guessed wrong and therefore should be absolved of any fault because it was just as likely the play would have worked than any other one.

Did you say bush? I love bush.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,832
  • Days Won:  67

Just now, jchem1995 said:

Did you say bush? I love bush.

I like neatly trimmed or even Brazilian, landing strip is enough, not a fan of a jungle down there, but to each their own.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

18 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I like neatly trimmed or even Brazilian, landing strip is enough, not a fan of a jungle down there, but to each their own.  

How about George???   🤨

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Didn’t really defend it. 

What I more or less said was, it happens and you can’t really look at singular plays in a vacuum. We scored 37 points, they guessed right a lot, it’s not like the roster changed overnight. Many things go a different way and we win, not just that play.

looked like had good numbers to that side. NJ has had success as a runner, Parker just powered his way in. Didn’t anticipate the TE getting blown up into Parker. I’m sure has he known that, he wouldn’t have called the play. 

Edited by BrassBulls12