• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The difference today

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, BiggTipp said:

Do you mean Roberts?

Seems to me I've seen several td's scored over the top of daquan evans this season?? Against Temple in the left corner of the end zone and against ECU in the right?? Both seemed that he had his back turned and had no visual of the ball. They were easy catches by their recvs. And, on his back it said, Evans. That kinda helped me out...ha! But..he did snag an interception w/ a good run back sooo... I'll watch this next game see if they try him again same situation.   Disclaimer: I was wrong once before in life around 1990 so I always leave room for possibilities...and, I can cover these receivers a lot easier from my recliner than he can during the game...😅

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/17/2020 at 4:44 PM, USFRaider said:

Absolutely correct.  I have to laugh at one of my co-workers who thinks KJ Sails is an NFL caliber DB.  No way in hell he is playing on Sundays next season (or the season after).

What have you seen from Sails that makes you think he isn't NFL caliber? By far our best defensive player, while I agree the rest of our DBs are lacking. KJ is aggressive in run support and don't remember him giving up any big passing plays. Maybe 1 td against ND? I will happily put a friendly wager on him getting drafted and/or making an NFL roster if you would like. 

Mike Hampton is the one who has really regressed this year after having a few good seasons. He is giving up 2-3 blown coverages a game. Maybe you are getting confused because 0 (Evans) and 8 (Townsell) both play DB as well and our Jersey #'s aren't the easiest to read., but 9 has continued to impress. 

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

Seems to me I've seen several td's scored over the top of daquan evans this season?? Against Temple in the left corner of the end zone and against ECU in the right?? Both seemed that he had his back turned and had no visual of the ball. They were easy catches by their recvs. And, on his back it said, Evans. That kinda helped me out...ha! But..he did snag an interception w/ a good run back sooo... I'll watch this next game see if they try him again same situation.   Disclaimer: I was wrong once before in life around 1990 so I always leave room for possibilities...and, I can cover these receivers a lot easier from my recliner than he can during the game...😅

Sorry just from my quick memory. It seems Nick Roberts is getting beaten constantly and is also missing tackles.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307

45 minutes ago, BiggTipp said:

Sorry just from my quick memory. It seems Nick Roberts is getting beaten constantly and is also missing tackles.

Nick Roberts I agree constantly takes bad angles and does not have the speed to make up for them in either pass coverage or run support. I don't think he would be starting if not for lack of depth. Expect Lapointe, Townsell, or Curry to play in his place as they get more experience.

Evans has gotten beat a few times but also a few nice interceptions. Up and down play which is what I expect out of a younger player (true sophomore). Someone who can be coached up and developed. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, BiggTipp said:

Nope, no sorry required. Yeah Roberts has been the subject of some conversation too. Just happened to see Evans a week ago get the ball lofted over his head then again this last game. Of course he's on a D-1 scholarship and I'm on Social Security so it would appear he has the leg up on the pass coverage situation. Plus, I cant get my leg up since I have an artificial hip...but, I can armchair coach it just fine and...under the influence of alcohol....!  🧙‍♂️

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

Don't fight people. There are plenty of blown coverages for everyone. You get a TD. You get a TD and you get a TD.

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,255
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Don't fight people. There are plenty of blown coverages for everyone. You get a TD. You get a TD and you get a TD.

Alex, I will take You are not fake news for $500.