Jump to content

NCAA grants one time transfer without sitting out a season


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Sadly, you have to be wanted somewhere else to transfer....

This is why this ruling is a double edged sword ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Members do not see this ad, Register
Just now, Triple B said:

This is why this ruling is a double edged sword ...

Agree completely.  If someone reads that and thinks we will get an influx of great players, they are delusional.  If we had any players talented enough to play at the next level, they'd be transferring out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Agree completely.  If someone reads that and thinks we will get an influx of great players, they are delusional.  If we had any players talented enough to play at the next level, they'd be transferring out.

Disagree. You cant lose good players when you have none. This can ONLY be a good thing. At a minimum, we dont get anybody.

At this point, name one player on the roster we cant afford to lose? Sails or Ford? Please. This is a blessing for our new coach. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

Disagree. You cant lose good players when you have none. This can ONLY be a good thing. At a minimum, we dont get anybody.

At this point, name one player on the roster we cant afford to lose? Sails or Ford? Please. This is a blessing for our new coach. 

There could be about 60 players left when the off season purge is completed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

There could be about 60 players left when the off season purge is completed. 

Well since you can bring in 25 a year and have 85 scholarships I guess the math makes sense but what if you are left with 50 or 40?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Well since you can bring in 25 a year and have 85 scholarships I guess the math makes sense but what if you are left with 50 or 40?

You can have 125 on the active roster. So if you let go more they will have be players who are walk ons for the practice squad and/or so enough to potentially be put on scholarship in the future. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You can have 125 on the active roster. So if you let go more they will have be players who are walk ons for the practice squad and/or so enough to potentially be put on scholarship in the future. 

I get it but it just seems like the story of the guy that swallowed the fly, try to fix one thing that’s not fair and then fix the ripple effect of unfairness that it causes, which then causes more ripples that all need fixing and it does not ever seem to be very well thought out or have an end.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WhoRUSF said:

Disagree. You cant lose good players when you have none. This can ONLY be a good thing. At a minimum, we dont get anybody.

At this point, name one player on the roster we cant afford to lose? Sails or Ford? Please. This is a blessing for our new coach. 

Isn't that what I said?  "If" we had any talented players capable of playing at the next level, they'd be transferring out.   Not sure what statement you are disagreeing with.  Sounds like we're both on the same page.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Members do not see this ad, Register


×
×
  • Create New...

It appears you are using ad blocking tools.  This site is supported through ads.  Please disable in order to enjoy full access to The Bulls Pen.