• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Scott Salary Reduction

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, The Sheriff said:

Screw the pay cut. He should tell them to pound sand. Why should he take a haircut in his pay when he's doing more work? Ridiculous.

That should put an endearing image in the minds of all donors. Present and future.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Wish this could somehow work that into paying Strong less now but I guess no such luck since under contract.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

I doubt that CJS loses anywhere near $250,000. Once again pay attention to what is said. First, its a reduction in salary. If CJS has a standard head coach contract he has a base salary and guaranteed endorsement money. The endorsement money is probably not subject to the reduction. I suspect that only the guaranteed amount would be subject to the reduction and if USF has the endorsement money to cover the guarantee there will be no reduction in this portion at all since that is not salary. The second part is that the reduction is until the end of the year. Is the year the contract year or the calendar year? In either case a few months have already been paid and since the report does not say retroactive he lost no money for that time period. If its the calendar year its 15% of three months pay on his base salary. If its the contract year then it would be 15% until the end of the contract year (normally June 30 for state employees). 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

47 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I was negotiating with a company over the summer and they wanted to include a pandemic clause where I would take a pay cut commensurate with the owners. When asked how big of a pay cut that could potentially be, they said it could be of any % decrease.

Pass.

Sounds like they want to do an ownership share, I could possibly be interested but if they just want to share in losses I’m going to have to ask then what’s my motivation? Altruism?

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, brybull1970 said:

Nope, no ownership share. Easy decision to turn down.

You mean you have no interest in sharing in the losses and not sharing in the gains? How selfish!

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,845
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

Nope, no ownership share. Easy decision to turn down.

A little different then CJS, in a M&A share the risk and reward to make it attractive for both parties.  He has guaranteed money and he is trying to build something to further his earning potential, I agree with the risk return by doing this, sacrifice now in an effort for a bigger pay day in the future, and optics to hopefully not get killed during this painful rebuild.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,008
  • Days Won:  38

9 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

I was negotiating with a company over the summer and they wanted to include a pandemic clause where I would take a pay cut commensurate with the owners. When asked how big of a pay cut that could potentially be, they said it could be of any % decrease.

Pass.

Agreed!  That's total BS.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

19 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

All the main sport head coaches and the VPofA had all recently bought houses. I can't imagine making the kind of money per year as these guys but would think you buy a house based on what you signed a contract for. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

All the main sport head coaches and the VPofA had all recently bought houses. I can't imagine making the kind of money per year as these guys but would think you buy a house based on what you signed a contract for. 

I'm guessing most coaches realize the volatility of the business and are pretty conservative, relatively speaking, when it comes to stuff like that this early in their careers ....... should be anyway.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

13 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

I heard that after his firing CCS decided to take a a trip to Wuhan. Just saying.

I think Wuhan took a trip to CCS!