• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coaches Post Game Comments

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,831
  • Days Won:  67

5 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

I like seeing the other teams fan’s perspective. 

The other fans are happy when they win and they complain when their team loses, hope this tidbit helps solve the mystery 😀

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

40 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I hopefully will have something better to do, what is the point, watching Tulsa run all over us sounds depressing.

I'm praying for rain that night so I'll have an excuse not to go.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

5 hours ago, WhoRUSF said:

Did any of them play for more than 1 quarter? QBs need more than 1 or 2 drives to settle in. 

Why do they need to play more than 1 quarter?

The coaches have already seen them every single day in practice for hours and hours at a time (far more than you have, and by the way, their livelihoods depend upon playing the best players), and they have determined over and over that McC is our best QB.

Do you think they don't know how to evaluate talent and figure out who the best guy is?  Because that is what you are saying, essentially.

Coaches don't play guys with lesser ability over guys with clearly superior ability, unless there are major underlying issues like attitude or effort.  EVER.

Maybe we need to recruit better QB's than McCloud.  Someone who will put McCloud on the bench permanently.  But right now, McCloud is our best QB.  Period.

Edited by BullsFanInTX

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

2 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

The coaches have already seen them every single day in practice for hours and hours at a time (far more than you have, and by the way, their livelihoods depend upon playing the best players), and they have determined over and over that McC is our best QB.

Do you think they don't know how to evaluate talent and figure out who the best guy is?  Because that is what you are saying, essentially.

Coaches don't play guys with lesser ability over guys with clearly superior ability, unless there are major underlying issues like attitude or effort.  EVER.

Maybe we need to recruit better QB's than McCloud.  Someone who will put McCloud on the bench permanently.  But right now, McCloud is our best QB.  Period.

I'm not saying I've seen more of McCloud than cJS has, but hes been playing here for awhile, and I think we cant win with him. He cant throw and hes not athletic enough to make up for that. I'm not even saying someone else will be better. I'm saying 100% it's not working with him, so give someone else a shot. Be creative with athletes.

Houston does it all the time when their QB situation looks bad. I'm not saying we have Ward or King level athletes hanging around, but we have nothing to lose at this point. I can guarantee there is a guy who could be QB and make this team move the ball better than 17 points vs ECU

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

16 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

I'll just say this. I'm 65. I'm 1 for 1 from 3 point distance at the Muma Center and 1 for 1 in the XL Center when I went to the WBB UConn game last year. Practice and game day are different. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,831
  • Days Won:  67

37 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I'll just say this. I'm 65. I'm 1 for 1 from 3 point distance at the Muma Center and 1 for 1 in the XL Center when I went to the WBB UConn game last year. Practice and game day are different. 

Thanks Iverson, was going to say the same thing to my buddy from the Lone Star state.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Practice <> Game.

You need more than one quarter because most quarterbacks need time to get into game rhythm and yanking them in and out does nobody any good.