• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coaches Post Game Comments

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe the defense tackles in practice, because they sure as hell don’t in games. It’s the most disturbing thing and is a coaching thing. Not making tackles downfield even if you are blown off the ball upfront is coaching and we haven’t done it for years now. I hope Scott would teach and fix this. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, jinx66 said:

Maybe the defense tackles in practice, because they sure as hell don’t in games. It’s the most disturbing thing and is a coaching thing. Not making tackles downfield even if you are blown off the ball upfront is coaching and we haven’t done it for years now. I hope Scott would teach and fix this. 

CJS is hands on with the offense for now.  I would think this is a Spencer thing.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  536

I think the worst part about all of this is we see bad teams all over the place. Bad teams like ecu come in and play us. They are a bad team. Lost to ga state...why are their players able to execute an offense so well. We can still suck but have signs of life. We cannot complete a pass over 10 yards?!?!?! Even horrible teams can win a 50/50 ball and have some success. The lack of any resemble of an offense is scary. How many quick passes do we think are acceptable before saying something is wrong. There are no excuses for not being able to roll out some creativity. I’d rather lose in style.

We have flat out zero chance of winning. I agree with whoever else said it. Lets put evans and run wildcat the rest of year because there is no difference than a sideline pass every play. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  536

14 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

After watching 4 games, I hate to say it, but maybe McCloud isn't our biggest problem. The kid with the noodle arm, completed 74% of his passes yesterday and threw for almost 300 yards.

This defense isn't going to hold up even over a shortened season.

I guess my only reply would be if you cannot complete 74% of 5 or less yard passes then we would be in big trouble. A wide open 5 yard pass led to 80 yards of that 300. He gives up in the pocket far too easily and doesn’t give any receiver an opportunity to get open. If he is under pressure there is no chance of completing a  pass.  I don’t disagree that the coaches probably think he is our best option but that is also the curse. He is terrible and is our best option. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Because neither of them are as good as McCloud.

Now let me ask you a question.  Think about it, then answer.  Do you really think that the coaches who see the players every single day of the year, and you don't, don't know who the best player is?  Really?  Do you think they are purposely trying to play the worst players we have?  When their livelihoods and salaries depend upon it.  And if they lose games, they could actually lose their jobs?  If McCloud is playing, it is because he is the best QB we currently have.  Period, end of story.  The coaches who have seen him every day for the past 300 days, and you haven't, and get paid millions to make that judgement, believe it is so.

Maybe we need to recruit better quarterbacks.  Totally agree there.  But McCloud is playing because he is better, or the coaches who see him every day, believe he is the best they have, and their livelihoods depend upon it.  The fans' don't.   

Or Fortin hasn't played enough becaue of Covid...or they wanted to go with Marsh but he wasn't available to play this week...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  567

Thank goodness that this season doesn't count and is pretty much only extended exhibition games for us.  All the players will have another year if they so desire, even if they are seniors.

However that being said, I myself am SURE that CJS will be able to recruit his own idea of talent and piece this team together better after this year. 

I also hope that CJS instructs the players on this team to NEVER Come here to read anything about football if they know about the site.  Lots of people on this board have no shame and are disgustingly condescending to the students (KIDS!!!) on this team.  Hate armchair quarterbacks who bad mouth players at this level who seem to be trying their best.

Edited by Bullumni
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

3 minutes ago, Bullumni said:

Thank goodness that this season doesn't count and is pretty much only extended exhibition games for us.  All the players will have another year if they so desire, even if they are seniors.

However that being said, I myself am SURE that CJS will be able to recruit his own idea of talent and piece this team together better after this year. 

I also hope that CJS instructs the players on this team to NEVER Come here to read anything about football if they know about the site.  Lots of people on this board have no shame and are disgustingly condescending to the students (KIDS!!!) on this team.  Hate armchair quarterbacks who bad mouth players at this level who seem to be trying their best.

agree

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273

33 minutes ago, Bullumni said:

It's a message board...

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

8 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Because neither of them are as good as McCloud.

Now let me ask you a question.  Think about it, then answer.  Do you really think that the coaches who see the players every single day of the year, and you don't, don't know who the best player is?  Really?  Do you think they are purposely trying to play the worst players we have?  When their livelihoods and salaries depend upon it.  And if they lose games, they could actually lose their jobs?  If McCloud is playing, it is because he is the best QB we currently have.  Period, end of story.  The coaches who have seen him every day for the past 300 days, and you haven't, and get paid millions to make that judgement, believe it is so.

Maybe we need to recruit better quarterbacks.  Totally agree there.  But McCloud is playing because he is better, or the coaches who see him every day, believe he is the best they have, and their livelihoods depend upon it.  The fans' don't.   

Obviously you enjoy losing every game then. If you've ever been around football, there is what you call a "gamer". Guys who step up on game day and perform well. We know we CANNOT win with McCloud, but we send him out there anyway. I just dont understand why we cant try something new, regardless of if hes playing well in practice. 

Also a wildcat offense would work better. It's where you put an athlete back there and he runs, sweeps, screens, reverses. I dont know how we can defend 17 points vs ECU with an offensive minded coach while getting blown out

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484

18 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

Obviously you enjoy losing every game then. If you've ever been around football, there is what you call a "gamer". Guys who step up on game day and perform well. We know we CANNOT win with McCloud, but we send him out there anyway. I just dont understand why we cant try something new, regardless of if hes playing well in practice. 

Also a wildcat offense would work better. It's where you put an athlete back there and he runs, sweeps, screens, reverses. I dont know how we can defend 17 points vs ECU with an offensive minded coach while getting blown out

Did you watch the game last week? Didn’t several different QB’s play....Which one do you want to play Other than McCloud? HONESTLY AND FACTUALLY DEFEND YOUR STANCE.  

No different style of offense would be better...this Oline is NOT GOOD

• Like 1