Jump to content

USF Football is Dead. RIP 1997-2020


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I'm just not following. We'll I'm following. Just don't agree. Teams would never change position in the standings if you could only recruit to your current level. Some coaches recruit better than others. 

Supply and demand. There is a finite supply of players that are good enough to start at mid-level programs. There is competition locally for those players. I believe UCF is a much more attractive option for those players. 

No different than any other business trying to recruit talent. There has to be a reason for the better talent to choose USF. I just don’t see it.

I hope CJS can figure out a way to do it, but he will have to be the best recruiter that this program has ever had. I really hope he can build it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Members do not see this ad, Register
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is a rock and hard place problem. We have tasted the big time for a brief period-- however incredibly lucky that was -- and for some reason CONTINUE to operate a budget that makes no sense and

Completely disagree. USF Football program absolutely lived. It was exciting, we were winning big games on the road. It was exciting and it felt like anything was possible...and we freaking owned UCF.

Posted Images

Get your heads out of the toilet. This mentality is insane. Get better. Go to games, get others to go to games, donate money to the Bulls Club. Do more than complain and call death to USF football. The logic isn’t rationale. 
 

So when you have failures in life, you can’t overcome them? This mentality of quitting gets you nowhere. Support this team moving forward. You can’t give CJS a few games and call it done. Stop whining and do your part to help us get better. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

Get your heads out of the toilet. This mentality is insane. Get better. Go to games, get others to go to games, donate money to the Bulls Club. Do more than complain and call death to USF football. The logic isn’t rationale. 
 

So when you have failures in life, you can’t overcome them? This mentality of quitting gets you nowhere. Support this team moving forward. You can’t give CJS a few games and call it done. Stop whining and do your part to help us get better. 

Tom Cruise Help GIF by MOODMAN

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

Get your heads out of the toilet. This mentality is insane. Get better. Go to games, get others to go to games, donate money to the Bulls Club. Do more than complain and call death to USF football. The logic isn’t rationale. 
 

So when you have failures in life, you can’t overcome them? This mentality of quitting gets you nowhere. Support this team moving forward. You can’t give CJS a few games and call it done. Stop whining and do your part to help us get better. 

Couldn't agree more, jj, but one thing I learned awhile ago is that this board is usually a toxic cesspool following losses, especially ones like this one, and the more levelheaded need to give it a day or so to get all the venting out. I check in just to make sure we don't have any outside trolls chiming in .... our own Bulls troll has the trolling well covered.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

Get your heads out of the toilet. This mentality is insane. Get better. Go to games, get others to go to games, donate money to the Bulls Club. Do more than complain and call death to USF football. The logic isn’t rationale. 
 

So when you have failures in life, you can’t overcome them? This mentality of quitting gets you nowhere. Support this team moving forward. You can’t give CJS a few games and call it done. Stop whining and do your part to help us get better. 

We have done our part and the stewards of our efforts have and continue to squander anything we do for them and at some point it’s on them that the product they are deciding to produce just is not enjoyable in any way shape or form or worth a single discretionary dollar. They have been given plenty of money and most of them have made plenty of money and if they want to continue for that to happen they may want to try doing something that makes people happy to to continue their patronage. We have taken a religion business model where people continue to give and suffer because they think there will be some reward for their sacrifice in the end, we should probably try taking  the entertainment model that we used to have because looking around that one seems to be more lucrative for us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Couldn't agree more, jj, but one thing I learned awhile ago is that this board is usually a toxic cesspool following losses, especially ones like this one, and the more levelheaded need to give it a day or so to get all the venting out. I check in just to make sure we don't have any outside trolls chiming in .... our own Bulls troll has the trolling well covered.

:angrymob: keep talking like that and it will be off to visit the people’s razor for you 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh, same thing applies as did the past few weeks. Yes, I expected a win today. Yes, I am disappointed. But former CCS really left us with less in the cupboard than CSH did. Declaring the death of the program is pathetic, hyperbolic, and barely worth acknowledgement. GTFO with your toxicity. We suck. Chop down rebuilds are always hard years and processes. It will take time, and we don't need your poor fansmanship dragging the rest of us down after tough losses.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, puc86 said:

We have done our part and the stewards of our efforts have and continue to squander anything we do for them and at some point it’s on them that the product they are deciding to produce just is not enjoyable in any way shape or form or worth a single discretionary dollar. They have been given plenty of money and most of them have made plenty of money and if they want to continue for that to happen they may want to try doing something that makes people happy to to continue their patronage. We have taken a religion business model where people continue to give and suffer because they think there will be some reward for their sacrifice in the end, we should probably try taking  the entertainment model that we used to have because looking around that one seems to be more lucrative for us.

Agreed. We have lost many fans since 2012 when the Big East fell apart, and we have proven that we can't even compete in a watered down conference. Most fans have realized that even if USF were to become UCF in football, the lack of access to the playoffs renders competing at this level irrelevant.

G5 football is the equivalent of the humans being fed to the machines in the Matrix. The FCS may be eating gruel and living homeless underground but at least they are free to all compete for a national championship.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

Ugh, same thing applies as did the past few weeks. Yes, I expected a win today. Yes, I am disappointed. But former CCS really left us with less in the cupboard than CSH did. Declaring the death of the program is pathetic, hyperbolic, and barely worth acknowledgement. GTFO with your toxicity. We suck. Chop down rebuilds are always hard years and processes. It will take time, and we don't need your poor fansmanship dragging the rest of us down after tough losses.

well said.

we need the players and it will take time.

no coach is going to come in here and revolutionize college football with some scheme that allows a roster devoid of talent to turn into a juggernaut.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Members do not see this ad, Register


×
×
  • Create New...

It appears you are using ad blocking tools.  This site is supported through ads.  Please disable in order to enjoy full access to The Bulls Pen.