• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Multiple QBs for Saturday’s Game

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,209
  • Days Won:  25

11 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

I see similarities in the two guys. Size, build, etc. Hopefully, Fortin is better..Hope Hope. Kean actually did pretty good whenever he got a chance to play. He was like Rygol, put me in and I'll bust my butt to show you I can play. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing Fortin play see what he's got???

He did pretty good at NC against better teams. Hopefully he takes the job and runs with it. We need improved QB play from someone to win the job and start winning some games.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Fortin hasn't played a game since 2018 I beleive so im keeping expectations in check.  Guy has an arm no doubt likely the best of the three main guys...just need to see if he is a team leader for offense and if he has that it factor that McCloud seems to lack.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Fortin hasn't played a game since 2018 I beleive so im keeping expectations in check.  Guy has an arm no doubt likely the best of the three main guys...just need to see if he is a team leader for offense and if he has that it factor that McCloud seems to lack.

People forget that the mental side of the position is far more important than the physical tools. Make the wrong reads/be slow in your reads/getting the ball out and all you are left with is throwing high velocity, spiral, interceptions/incompletions. Woulard had all the physical tools too and we saw how that worked out when he didn't have it up stairs. I hope Fortin will be the savior but, he didn't run away with the job and with what we've seen out of the other two so far that isn't encouraging. Fingers crossed though 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

4 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Nawww, he should be good and rested by now and ready to go.....

Guest Jonesy Bull
11 hours ago, Outlaw said:

He did pretty good at NC against better teams. Hopefully he takes the job and runs with it. We need improved QB play from someone to win the job and start winning some games.

Lets hope this is the case.  On paper, he is our best option with his experience at UNC and his arm strength.  Unfortunately we may not get the best read on this, this week playing a top rated pass defense.  But we need something to feel good about regarding this years team and for the future.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Lets hope this is the case.  On paper, he is our best option with his experience at UNC and his arm strength.  Unfortunately we may not get the best read on this, this week playing a top rated pass defense.  But we need something to feel good about regarding this years team and for the future.

Top rated...eh they played a option team and bad FCS team...while good I'm sure they are far from even ND on defense. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,209
  • Days Won:  25

8 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Top rated...eh they played a option team and bad FCS team...while good I'm sure they are far from even ND on defense. 

Fortin didn't play against Citadel. He played at UNC over a year ago. Hopefully we find our qb whether it is him or one of the others in McC, Johnson, Marsh or Smith. We need to find our guy our just let Marsh, Smith, and Fortin battle it out for our future. I just don't see McCloud being the guy .

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

On 9/29/2020 at 4:13 PM, BulledOver said:

A starting QB at D1 should be able to improvise and bail his butt out if the Oline breaks down. QF, BJ and Grothe were all good but not going to start for say, Clemson-Alabama-etc. But..they all demonstrated the ability to make something happen. They all were pretty intense in their play and were very competitive. I have not seen that in McCloud(not slamming the kid) I just haven't seen him look like a hungry QB. We can all recall seeing any one of the above 3 running for their lives if they had to. Getting that 1st down or had fought td. Weve all seen them pissed on the sidelines. I watch Mc lean away from hits and most of the time looks hurried and flustered. Again, not slamming him but, something just aint there... 

good summary.  Great kid and good promoter of USF.  Just not the QB we need to go bowling.

Guest Jonesy Bull
13 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I agree with you here.  But when you look at overall statistics pass defense is overall #1 rated.  But to your point doesnt mean much when considering who you play.

Still a tough test for our QBs today.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

OT: For all the Tate Rodemaker fans.....he just threw a pick 6 against Jacksonville State. FSU losing 7-0.